This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Literally...getting around on Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Literally...getting around on Aruba

So...here is the scoop on construction. I am in Aruba...my other home...right now staying at La Quinta on Eagle Beach. Hans..my guy at Tropic Car Rental tells me the new highway around downtown is set to be complete in October by order of the governor....now we all know what that means so maybe or maybe not. From what I have seen of the road that is finished it is going to be amazing. However, being a Brit who now lives in upstate NY I am used to roundabouts but these are SCAREY! So if you use them be very careful. As to the construction along the beach rd(sorry cannot spell that one but you all know where I mean) the two lanes going to the hi rise hotels is closed off...all the way I think.Going from the hi rise to downtown has a new surface and looks and drives well but for obvious reasons is now only single lane traffic. It looks like they will eventually do the other side of the rd but it’s island time so who knows when that will happen. Access to all the lo rise hotels along eagle beach is easy with no problems that I can see. But as I said the roundabouts or traffic circles are crazy with those dividing “humps” in them.
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    those little dividing hump/ridges in the roundabouts are a challenge!

enjoy your holiday on aruba!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure that the beach road, Irausquin, is supposed to be two lanes-one in each direction with the old lane becoming a walking/jogging path. I am eager to see what has been done when we go back in early January.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the landscaped median in the middle apparently is remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am pretty sure that the beach road, Irausquin, is supposed to be two lanes-one in each direction with the old lane becoming a walking/jogging path. I am eager to see what has been done when we go back in early January.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    And the landscaped median in the middle apparently is remaining.
    That will be nice. I think originally they were going to remove it.

0 0