This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paid Parking is Back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    and add the same to our vehicle registration
    I agree!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    and add the same to our vehicle registration
    I would be Happy with that also Robin. Car parking and paying is very confusing at least
    in the Palm Beach area. Not sure but imagine it's tough all around.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone explain where it is okay to park….what do the different colored curbs mean?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JES911 View Post
    Can someone explain where it is okay to park….what do the different colored curbs mean?
    This link should answer your questions.

Aruparking
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    This link should answer your questions.

Aruparking
    This will be a good link to bookmark. I imagine that the roll out of paid parking again, will bring a few changes. I just hope that it is kept updated.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    12 handicap spots seems like a small amount.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

The article in Aruba Today points out that the "Awareness Phase" will be lasting three months, so those of us heading there in the next little while (including myself) don't need to worry about 'Where do I park? Where do I pay?'. Of course, we'll need to be a little more mindful of the whole parking thing next year.

Can you park for free downtown in your own city? I can't.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha Ha yes its back....but.... We went to ust it this morning The cash machine did not work but the traffic wardens were had at work giving tickets to those parked in the yellow spots who should not have been

Post Thanks / Like
    Rona's Opinion:

There will be another chapter written in the annals of downtown parking.
    The first chapter was a nightmare.
    Forcefully introduced with an iron fist and draconic measures in 2016, the minister in charge hired a full crew of enforcers, made a huge investment in office set up, parking meters, vehicles, etc., and conceived a strict penal system, clamping and towing cars, fining mercilessly.
    Then during the dying phase of the AVP campaign in 2017, clamping was lifted, and in one fell swoop, the 18 months spent on educating the public to park and pay, went down the toilet.
    Paying for parking became on option, a suggestion, not a must.
    Offenders could no longer be clamped, if you got a yellow sticker, most drivers promptly removed it.
    The crew of enforcers had nothing to do, besides collecting their pay.
    Then nothing happened for years. The meters malfunctioned; the investment destroyed.
    AruParking was about to be revived in 2020 under a new director, lumping it with AruTram, but nothing happened, you know why.
    The merchants on the main street would probably be happier if rules were restored and parking made again available, at a modest price, or better yet FREE for shoppers. Right now, store and government employees park in all prime locations and clients stay away.
    Is a new age is coming, in view of recent discussions? The Minister of Transportation says he is trying to introduce paid parking. He is wrestling with the AruParking & AruTram beasts.
    In total we have over 80,000 cars on the island, 1,651 parking spaces in town, 960 white for paying customers, 679 yellow, for monthly subscribers, and 12 designated for the handicapped.
    To make matters even more complicated MinPres just announced that if it were up to her, her party would forget about the whole paid parking ordeal, but in view of the fact that her coalition partner, Raiz, is in charge, she must respectfully bow out of the discussion.
    I will let you decide if her statement is true.
    She also added that in regards to the original capital investment, she wouldn’t want to see it wasted. Which is humorous, because the investment is gone, nothing works. The kapitaalvernietiging is a fact.
    But I totally agree with her finding that AruTram destroyed the main street, the little that was left after the accelerated shifting of business to Palm Beach, and till today, there is ZERO benefit from the expensive tram, yet plenty negative consequences, mainly the burden of conductors’ salaries.
    Our two cents: Prime position should be dedicated to potential customers. Politicians should park away, and arrive at work by hopping on the tram, or on foot!
    All prime parking must be dedicated to shoppers and diners, those who put money in the economy.
    Shopping local and tourists must get priority. GOA and business employees park at a distance, and hitch a ride on the tram.
    AND….All of those asking to open an F&B business on Palm Beach should kindly be directed to Oranjestad. Do something for main street, now.

1 0