This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be ready...so much construction!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the wifi connections at the resorts seem to be too slow to load photos.
    one of the things that you may want to do is to email yourself the photo and then try to load it from the email version.
    or wait til you get home
    or if you want, I can message you my email and load it in for you.

the construction in front of LaCabana..........do you mean the road work on the blvd in-between the resort and the beach Or on the side entrance near Amsterdam Manor and the new construction just beyond the AM?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up - I will try to remember to snap some pics on Friday!

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so right about the wifi, it was down Sunday evening through Monday evening.

I meant to include both areas, the road between beach and resort entrance( was told the road will eventually be one) the other construction is right when you enter the main lobby(parking lot under construction) sign says from july 11 - August 15.

We love the pathway to superfoods, made the walk faster!

Be ready...so much construction!-thumbnail_image1-jpgBe ready...so much construction!-thumbnail_image3-jpgBe ready...so much construction!-thumbnail_image3-jpgBe ready...so much construction!-thumbnail_image3-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-11-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    9th trip to Aruba!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    added the photos
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Taxi driver told me last night when all done they will completely bypass downtown frontage airport to resort are as on the news four-lane hwy. December anticipated completion.

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone,

With our Aruba vacation just a couple of months away (Oct 12-19), we really appreciate the information and updates on road construction.

For me, there are two types of posts here on the forum. Opinions (including my own) about restaurants, accommodations, beaches, shopping etc which are interesting and fun to read, though in the end they are exactly that, opinions. Then there are those posts about things like road construction, airport wait times, restaurant openings (and closures) which are statements of fact. Both opinions and factual statements are super helpful.

The forum's strength is friends helping friends, and having a bit of fun along the way.

Last thing about delays because road construction, and wouldn't this be ironic? You open the forum every day in the weeks leading up to your Aruba vacation. You know where all the road construction is and you've carefully mapped out your alternate routes for getting around the island. Then comes departure day. Halfway to the airport in your home town is construction that just started yesterday and, well,... you get the idea. Hey, it could happen.

Have a super day everybody.

Glenn
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Best laid plans as they say. It can happen in Aruba as well. When we were there in May the taxi drivers we used all complained about roads that were closed unexpectedly. On more than one occasion a driver quickly scooted down a one way to get us to Manchebo. Yikes!!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 08-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.

0 0

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    After all the road work being done here at home putting in new pipes, its like a maze and none of it is consistant or done in a logical way. by the time we get to Aruba, their road construction will be a breeze. People are zooming down my street and then slamming on the brakes. Apparently the sign that says "dead end", doesn't seem to register to these people. and we live at the end. we watch these people all day long. seriously, how many people driving can not read. and the sign is not marred in any way. I guess they think we are joking with that sign. So Aruba will be a breeze compared to here.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please Jacki if you are reading this could you give an update on the roads and roundabouts that you have encountered?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the construction affecting the buses along the beach road?
    0 0