This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Rona's thoughts on the parking downtown

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Rona's thoughts on the parking downtown

Rona has some thoughts on Aruba's Parking
    https://batibleki.wheninaruba.com/ar...INFkfysuluMPng

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say, even when it went from "paying" to "free", I still put money in the meters. I just didn't want to take any chances, even though they weren't clamping any more. Maybe, after they figure it out, we can count on Rona to post what the heck we are suppose to do. I swear, government bureaucracy is the same no matter what country, what language, what hemisphere. The right hand never knows what the left hand is doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we go downtown I usually put a couple of florin in the meter and carry on. I might not need to, but whatever, it's a couple of florin. We beat the pay parking issue to death a couple of years ago on this forum. I am still amazed at the conversations we had, admittedly most of the posts were over the booting of cars and the hassle involved with getting the boot removed. It was quite a shock to most of us, our easy going "happy" island was enforcing a parking problem as Rona said with an iron fist. We beat that poor dead horse unmercifully. Now a new government is in place and the parking issue and payment may resume. We'll just have to wait to see what happens.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Walt, the reason it was beat to death was because it was ambiguous. No two people had the same info. The website was pretty useless. And that, along with the threat of a boot, was disturbing and forcing people to not bother going downtown. And like you, I just throw some coins in, what's the big deal. If its free, well so what. If not, I am covered. I am never down there long enough to worry. I usually put in 3 or 4 quarters which are good for a couple of hours. Believe me, I would be thrilled if the shopping was good enough to keep me down there for more than a couple of hours, lol.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby you are so correct! The perfect word is ambiguous and you hit it on the head!

Post Thanks / Like
    And we’re off...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Gaby, you said my thoughts better than I could! Since I heard so many different things I did not know what to do. Some times I would put some florins in, some times I would just park at the Renaissance but would always buy something at the mall even if was just a bottle of water.

0 0