This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Roundabout Careful..Please Please Please

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of people who walk to SuperFoods from Oceania, too. We warn them not to do so, and have offered to drive them, but they walk anyway.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Please be so very careful at the roundabout @ SuperFoods.

There was a crash early this morning and a fatality.

https://24ora.com/ferdinand-hsing-a-...dente-tragico/
    That roundabout also has a crosswalk very close to its proximity...........
    Please folks be careful.

We always wait until cars have stopped before entering the crosswalk. But I never cease to be amazed how people cross the street in front of the path from La Cabana which is 100 feet or so from the actual crosswalk.

And this even though the crosswalk is just about directly in front of the Super Foods entrance.
    So, they are not even taking a short cut.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    They should really take that signs down at the road entering la cabana and tropicana that state "walking path to super foods"...!
    The sign should say “USE THE CROSSWALK”
    I have seriously considered adding that with a felt marker.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roundabout Careful..Please Please Please-ef5a1f11-629c-434a-8513-93bf4b7d9ebd-jpgThis is what I tried to post a few days ago. See where I drew in the crosswalk? That is the approximate area where it really is. People from the Eagle Resort and LaCabana and Amsterdam Manor cross here.
    Danger Will Robinson!!

5 years ago forum member Vallon was hit by a car in that area.
    He was very fortunate that his injuries were not terribly serious.
    0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I just got back from Aruba, and having paid attention to the comments here about using caution at the SuperFood crosswalk and round-about, we were very careful going through that area.

Here are a couple of our experiences and/or suggestions. To pedestrians: Awkward and inconvenient as it may seem to you, use the crosswalk! Don't try to cross the road 50 yards before it. Drivers are not expecting to see you there. Heaven is full of pedestrians who tried to take a short-cut.

To drivers: If you are coming from O'stad, the crosswalk is easy to see and you should be slowing down anyway. The more difficult thing to remember is to avoid the natural tendency to accelerate when exiting the round-about and heading towards O'stad. You exit the round-about and the crosswalk is right there.

Glenn
    2 1