This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Total of taxi costs $

  1. #11
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you CP!!

    your number shows that it is just as economical if not more, to take taxis than to rent a car.
    Works for us hanging on the beach all day..... but wouldn't for someone doing shopping, further out restaurants, sightseeing and tours.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    it would work from many!
    not us though.....we usually head to Surfside beach, and shopping and casinos.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Works for us hanging on the beach all day..... but wouldn't for someone doing shopping, further out restaurants, sightseeing and tours.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    The taxi fare that will really get you in the pocketbook is if you want to go to Flying Fishbone! Did that on my first two trips to Aruba. Thank goodness I was splitting the fares with a friend. I love FF but won't do it again. So many other great restaurants a short ride or walk away. Or across the lobby!
    0 2
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post

    to and from the airport we used Kini Kini tours for our group. When we arrived they sent a full size bus for us…what a hoot. Cost came out to $20/ pp round trip.
    Attachment 9421Attachment 9422
    I admire you for pulling off the logistics of your huge group to and from Aruba.... and all the times on the island. The kids musta really got a charge outta the bus.... and it was cheap too!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 1
     

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. Cabs are economical and no worries to have some drinks. With the prices of gas and shortages of cars, I heard the cost at car rental companies everywhere are skyrocketing.
    0 1
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    I admire you for pulling off the logistics of your huge group to and from Aruba.... and all the times on the island. The kids musta really got a charge outta the bus.... and it was cheap too!
    Chuck, Thanks, it does take some planning and ingenuity to pull it off. The planning has already started NOW for next year. The in-laws have reserved their owned week at the Surf Club for July ‘22. We’ve put in our request with Marriott Vacation Club for the same week using our points.

    And as you could see from the photo, my granddaughter was playing the Princess stretching out on the rear bench seat all to herself. LOL. They had a blast!
    Brian

    0 1
     

  7. #17
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,814
    Post Thanks / Like
    the cost of rental cars in aruba has stayed pretty constant during the whole pandemic....and still.

    the cost of rental cars here in the USA has sky rocketed.
    I read that the rental car companies here in the USA and Canada sold off much of their fleet during the pandemic.
    therefore, not as many rental cars in supply here and the prices are about 50% higher than the norm.

    Aruba car rental companies did not do the same as what the ones in USA/Can did.

    Paul and I are spending almost $1000 for a car rental in York Maine for 11 days in Mid August.
    In Aruba for 2 weeks, we spend about $400 for our car rental.
    That pricing has been pretty constant for about 5 or more years.

    the cost of cabs is affordable and the benefit of being able to have a drink or 2 and not driving is even better.





    Quote Originally Posted by cmynes View Post
    Very true. Cabs are economical and no worries to have some drinks. With the prices of gas and shortages of cars, I heard the cost at car rental companies everywhere are skyrocketing.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

    0 1
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have never taken a cab, but the cost of rentals for long term was getting to be to much, so we just purchased a used car. We travel the island while we're there, so it just made sense to us.







    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  9. #19
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    The current taxi rates are good through 2022 so if you download the charts
    On related note, it would be nice if "they" (ATA?) would develop an interactive app/website to get taxi rates. Uploading a signed doc is something the Amish do.
    0 0
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Aruba got it right and it definitely makes sense for you to rent a car for 2 weeks. We basically just use cars for restaurants so cabs work for us. And ouch on the cost for your August rental!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the cost of rental cars in aruba has stayed pretty constant during the whole pandemic....and still.

    the cost of rental cars here in the USA has sky rocketed.
    I read that the rental car companies here in the USA and Canada sold off much of their fleet during the pandemic.
    therefore, not as many rental cars in supply here and the prices are about 50% higher than the norm.

    Aruba car rental companies did not do the same as what the ones in USA/Can did.

    Paul and I are spending almost $1000 for a car rental in York Maine for 11 days in Mid August.
    In Aruba for 2 weeks, we spend about $400 for our car rental.
    That pricing has been pretty constant for about 5 or more years.

    the cost of cabs is affordable and the benefit of being able to have a drink or 2 and not driving is even better.
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •