This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic Lights

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was dangerous when we were there in Nov/Dec. I waited to be sure and cars just sped right by me but I didn't care, wasn't taking the chance

Post Thanks / Like
    That was my thought as well...how just about an entire new set of lights.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Maybe, or new lights. Earlier in the week they had police directing traffic. One of our neighbors said there were several cops working to control traffic.

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there,

Over the years, there has been an large increase in the volume of traffic. We just kind of live with it, as we do at home.

As for round-abouts, I eventually got the hang of them. For those of us who consider ourselves Aruba long-timers, who among us hasn't almost been side-swiped by a tour bus barrelling through one of these things. It's almost a perverse badge of courage.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn
    Winnipeg Canada
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so according to my cab driver this morning there is zero interest in putting up another light there....they are actually going to put another roundabout there. When I asked when, he responded soon I hope.