This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Watty Vos and Roundabouts

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Watty Vos and Roundabouts

It is great to see most of the road done and Ihe rotaries working!

we have driven the WV 3x and breezed thru.

there are are lots of workers still in place doing finish up stuff.

I am wondering how many homes or businesses were taken by eminent domain in the project?
    Even if a lot, it seems the sacrifice given was well worth it.

Remember once in the rotary you have the right of way. That being said caution is very much advised.

We we still find that the superfood rotary the most challenging (infuriating) and still see folks almost getting killed in the crosswalk.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andrea.

Yes, the Watty Vos Blvd makes a huge improvement in getting across Aruba. There is one bad bottleneck, however. Highway 2 intersects and crosses WVB. The traffic flow on 2 is higher than some other areas and at peak times there are large backups. The problem seems to be the volume of cars exiting the WVB at that roundabout. Makes it difficult for cars from 2 to cross over so the build up starts. I understand they are already addressing the issue

Post Thanks / Like
    My son and gf are headed there on the 14th. I warned him about the roundabouts. His reply-I drove through them a lot in Europe, I know what I'm doing. I explained that there are many people who vacation in Aruba that are clueless how to use a roundabout because even though they have a license they live in areas that do not have them or do not drive often. These people think the people going into the roundabout have the right of way and they are very dangerous.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My son and gf are headed there on the 14th. I warned him about the roundabouts. His reply-I drove through them a lot in Europe, I know what I'm doing. I explained that there are many people who vacation in Aruba that are clueless how to use a roundabout because even though they have a license they live in areas that do not have them or do not drive often. These people think the people going into the roundabout have the right of way and they are very dangerous.
    Hi Robin, I don't want to start a big issue here, but the one particular roundabout I mention isn't just dangerous. It's treacherous. The fast incoming traffic off the WVB Passes through it and those wanting to cross directly over to continue down highway 2 are banked up waiting for a gap to enter the roundabout. Maybe tomorrow I will try and post a pic of my car that got 'Kissed' in a roundabout. It was being driven by a local. The woman who hit said..."I was in a hurry to get to the airport" Unfortunately the parts needed to repair the car are not on the island and very few know how to fix it. So there you go..... From someone with real live roundabout experience!!
    Last edited by aquaman; 12-05-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry, but for whatever reason I cannot get a pic to post to this forum. Its been a problem here for a long time. Either rotates the pic or loses it. I have tried resizing, rotating the image....nothing seems to want to work easily. Oh, well.

Post Thanks / Like
    What I do is email it to myself medium size and then upload the emailed picture. That is what works for me. The forum doesn't allow pictures that allow pictures with the mg that most pictures are these days.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    So sorry, but for whatever reason I cannot get a pic to post to this forum. Its been a problem here for a long time. Either rotates the pic or loses it. I have tried resizing, rotating the image....nothing seems to want to work easily. Oh, well.

0 0