This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: First Aruba Trip 3/12/18 - 3/18/18

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    First Aruba Trip 3/12/18 - 3/18/18

    Hi all.
    First off, awesome website and forum. It's been a huge help for researching and planning our trip.
    My wife and I will be in Aruba, staying at the Hyatt, from March 12-18. It would be great if we were able to meet up with someone while we're there. We love meeting new people and trying new excursions, going to local hangouts, etc.
    We love playing beach volleyball, but it doesn't appear Aruba has much of a volleyball scene. I'm sure we'll have a blast either way.
    Very Excited.
    0 3
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hyatt was where it all started for DW and me..... We'd always have coffee in the morning in that magnificent lobby and drinks before bed. You chose a first class hotel..... Welcome 'aboard' the Aruba Community Forum!
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

    glad that you like the site and the forum.
    i have seen beach volleyball on egle beach near lacabana.

    you will definitely have a blast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebauerle21 View Post
    Hi all.
    First off, awesome website and forum. It's been a huge help for researching and planning our trip.
    My wife and I will be in Aruba, staying at the Hyatt, from March 12-18. It would be great if we were able to meet up with someone while we're there. We love meeting new people and trying new excursions, going to local hangouts, etc.
    We love playing beach volleyball, but it doesn't appear Aruba has much of a volleyball scene. I'm sure we'll have a blast either way.
    Very Excited.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s always nice to see new people posting!! I am sure you will enjoy Aruba. The Hyatt is a beautiful property and convenient to a lot of dining and shopping spots.

    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    We're looking at 3 different activities:

    - Scuba diving the sunken ship
    - Party Bus
    - Caves/National Park exploring

    Any preferences or feedback about these?
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    using the Search in the upper right hand corner..........type in: Jane Sea; Antilla; (for wreck dives) kukoo kunuku for party bus; arikok caves

    my husband, son and i have scuba'd at the jane sea and antilla ...both nice dives. we went with unique water sports.

    we did the party bus many years ago and i can still feel the hangover headache it was fun and a nice mix of ages. food mediocre at best.

    caves.....husband and son played in the caves a number of years ago. we also have gone thru the arikok a couple of times. (we were in a sedan on paved road)


    my big suggestion is that if you are a huge beach fan........do not schedule too many activities that take away from beach time.

    see the "activities/sports" and the "nightlife" categories/subforums.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebauerle21 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
    We're looking at 3 different activities:

    - Scuba diving the sunken ship
    - Party Bus
    - Caves/National Park exploring

    Any preferences or feedback about these?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,330
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband played some beach volleyball a couple years ago at Holiday Inn, but I don't remember seeing anyome playing on our last visit. the Marriott Surf Club sometimes has games in the afternoon. Both of these games would be a quick walk on the beach from they Hyatt.


    0 2
     

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!



    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    4,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

    my big suggestion is that if you are a huge beach fan........do not schedule too many activities that take away from beach time.
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. All the information you will need is right here.
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •