This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adding condo to a will

Post Thanks / Like

Adding condo to a will

I purchased my condo last year and realized that I need to change my will to,add the condo to my estate. The lawyer wasn’t sure if a United States will would be recognized in Aruba. Does anyone have experience with this?? I was going to email the notary that handled our purchase and ask them.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny you should ask, as we just redid our wills-we signed them just two weeks ago. I will private message you.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I closed on our Condo on June 15th, we had the same question as you. We contacted our notary at Newleaf about that and this is the response we got. '' If you have a will in the US this will be respected in Aruba as well. If I and my wife both pass away we will contact your attorney in your state and ask for a legal opinion to confirm who will be your heirs. After this has been confirmed we will be able to transfer the property in Aruba into the Name(s) of your Heir(s)." You are correct to email your Notary - I would be interested to see if they give you the same response.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a difference, from my understanding, if it is in the Will or if you put it in a Trust.

0 0

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    We added one of our children to the deed. They will all have access to the weeks we have.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    We added one of our children to the deed. They will all have access to the weeks we have.
    I think it is different if you have a timeshare vs a condo or house. You don't go through a Notary(settlement) with a timeshare, however; a condo or house you do.

0 0

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We added my daughter as an owner of our timeshare....when we die its hers..our lawyer said we didn't need it in the will because she is now an owner. Diane
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the question applies to real property. Like Robin said, timeshares are approached differently.
    0 0