This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: air conditioners and washers and dryers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank-you everyone! We are surely hoping to recoup our investment in electrical savings. All of you make it sound like it will really happen.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    electric and water are very expensive in aruba.
    yesssssssss!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When the pulled the inside component of the air con, they found a duct behind it. It had a lot of mildew/mold and that was the reason for the continued odor in the condo even though all the ducts were cleaned. This one was not visible, so they did not know it was there. The company was called back and it was cleaned. All the other ductwork was checked and it was fine, so they are moving on with the install.

I still haven't gotten all the info on the shipping and duty, but I was told the shipping is a few hundred $$$ and she thinks the duty is 2% on washers and 12% on dryers, so about $75-85 I think which isn't bad especially since it would have about cost that much in sales tax here(no sales tax in US because it is going out of the country). It is what it is. It's a need to have not a want to have.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the news that the air conditioning was completed last week and the condo is free of any mildew odors. They replaced the old grating/access panel in the master bath with a solid one that looks like they made it out of sheetrock. They moved the thermostat's location from the master bedroom to the hallway just outside of the bedroom which should provide for a more balanced cooling in the condo. They do need to do some touch up painting. I am still going to bring some air fresheners to clip on to the vents just in case I need them. FYI-someone who owns in our building suggested to use the Febreez car clip-ons air fresheners on our vents(that is what they do) and it works really well. They are expensive in Aruba and I pick them up here with coupons in BJs. (I made my son put them on his vents in his bedroom here, too)

Lowes in Miami is waiting for the dryer from Whirlpool to come in so they can ship both the washer and dryer at the same time. Prestige also ordered a dryer for another unit and everything will be shipped together.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just FYI for home owners. Crown have 50% off on entire store for some type of anniversary. Sale will end this Friday. Very good deals on washing machines and refrigerators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our washer and dryer finally made it to our condo and the dryer is badly damaged. I am so frustrated. Our property manager is going to file a claim with the shipper. She is calling a tech to see if it is cosmetic or if there is a bigger problem. Hopefully, they can just replace the smashed pieces and scratched panel, but the damage looks bad. It is a $599.00 dryer I got on sale for $539.00 then I got 10% instead of 5% off using my Lowes card. That doesn't include shipping and duty(I don't have those #s yet.

I have no idea why the picture flipped when I imported it. air conditioners and washers and dryers-20181022_122953-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Top load washers seem to last much longer and wash clothes better anyway.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    Top load washers seem to last much longer and wash clothes better anyway.
    I’m really short and can’t reach the bottom of some top load machines. ��

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I’m really short and can’t reach the bottom of some top load machines. ��
    I totally relate to not being able to reach the bottom of the washer! I keep a foot stool next to the machine. Hope, you get a quick resolution to the dryer situation!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So I get an email last night from our property manager about our dryer. There was a mix up with my dryer and one ordered for a different condo that was delivered at the same time. When our property manager went to double check the model number, she discovered they put my dryer in the wrong condo and vise versa. They both look exactly alike, but ours is a long vent and the other one is not.

0 0