This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airbnb dispute

Post Thanks / Like
    I get it. I have condo at the shore by us. I've rented/let friends and family use it while we are not there. Only one has taken care of it the way I would. I spent a lot of time recleaning it and looking for things. There are missing towels, things left behind, things broken, etc. I'm tired. I put it on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Robin. It reaches a point where the frustration becomes too much and the time required is excessive. I have cancelled my properties that were listed with Airbnb and cancelled all the existing bookings. I contacted the future guests and advised them of the situation. They understood and got 100% refunds from Airbnb. They have been rebooked through a competitor. Loss of business for Airbnb. I also posted on Airbnbhell.com about the experience

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Hi Robin. It reaches a point where the frustration becomes too much and the time required is excessive. I have cancelled my properties that were listed with Airbnb and cancelled all the existing bookings. I contacted the future guests and advised them of the situation. They understood and got 100% refunds from Airbnb. They have been rebooked through a competitor. Loss of business for Airbnb. I also posted on Airbnbhell.com about the experience
    Well that explains why I couldn't find your listing on airbnb. I had it bookmarked before and wanted to send a couple to your place. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. It is outrageous to hear that people actually behave this way!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to your first posting arubanita.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubanita View Post
    Well that explains why I couldn't find your listing on airbnb. I had it bookmarked before and wanted to send a couple to your place. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. It is outrageous to hear that people actually behave this way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well all, time for an update.

The fiasco happened mid-October and as some here know, I fought long and hard with airbnb through their "customer care" call centers. I was lied to, mislead and generally made to feel inconsequential as a customer and property owner. They closed the case on me 3 times and kept requesting more material including videos. All was sent, only to be told they had no way of viewing the video.

For months I have considered this on and off. Finally just over a week ago, I lodged a complaint vis California Better Business Bureau. This got the attention of the head office in California. 3 separate people were in contact for info and to keep me appraised of the fact they were examing the matter.

Imagine my surprise today when I received an email advising me they had done a full reimbursement for damages and as a goodwill gesture they sent an extra $250.

It shows the power of the Better Business Bureau and why one should not just accept what customer care or support people tell you is not possible.

As Shakespeare said... Alls well ends well.
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you,persistence pays
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad you got your money back even though you really had to work for it. It is shame how people treat someone's home and it makes you wonder what they are thinking.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am so glad you got your money back even though you really had to work for it. It is a shame how people treat someone's home and it makes you wonder what they are thinking.
    Thanks.....they aren't thinking. Also called USERS
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally. Glad you got this resolved.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I read your story and I wish I coudl say I was shocked, however I am sorry to say I was not. I am so glad you finally were able to be recompensed for the damage, but honestly the stress! I am glad you refused to give up though. No one shoudl have their property treated in such a manner, and then have the company entrusted with it to renege on their promise.

0 0