This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bank to Choose In Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    I'de go with CMB or Aruba Bank. RBC has terrifying service. I personally have Aruba Bank and i've been with them for 15 plus years and they usually try to be helpful at least if issues come up. I don't know that many people who have CMB, but havnt heard much negatives. CIBC is a new bank that opened just last year or the year before. So I wouldn't jump on board with them just yet.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you have to open an account I would avoid it. We were able to purchase our condo without doing so. We have a property manager who takes care of our local bills.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We do the same. No bank account needed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    Unless you have to open an account I would avoid it. We were able to purchase our condo without doing so. We have a property manager who takes care of our local bills.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuillermoCh View Post
    Hi guys! Is it possible to open an account as a foreign without being property owner yet?
    No. You must be a property owner.
    [B][url
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    You're better off opening the account. This way all the bills will be paid automatically. Much cheaper than a property manager.
    [B][url
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you for your responses.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you buying a home on the island?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you open an account be aware that with ArubaBank there are different fees applied. It is more expensive to maintain a $USD account than a Florin account.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    re: the question of a NON property owner being allowed to have an account in an Aruba bank.

I have friends that are long term renters on Aruba and they have accounts in Aruba banks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincep View Post
    No. You must be a property owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    We do own in Aruba but do not have a bank account. All our condo fees and utilities are billed together from the condo association and are paid through the management company. The management company also pays our taxes. The only thing we pay for is car insurance and registration using cash.

0 0