This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closing on Condo this week.. Docs needed to stay for 180 days...

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clarification excellent!!!!
    If you have it can you provide contact info?
    I will make it a sticky so people can access it easily.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    Thanks Robin. I was going down the wrong path with DIMAS, hence the frustration. Once I figured out it wasn't DIMAS, but IASA who had the answers, it was no longer confusing.

For anyone that may be facing the same challenges, DIMAS is for working and living in Aruba as a resident, or interested in opening a business in Aruba.

IASA is for short stay non-resident as per their website: "Tourist stay, visa, stay extensions and related issues is handled by Immigration Department"

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good information. Good luck with closing tomorrow. I know how exciting it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    Thanks Robin. I was going down the wrong path with DIMAS, hence the frustration. Once I figured out it wasn't DIMAS, but IASA who had the answers, it was no longer confusing.

For anyone that may be facing the same challenges, DIMAS is for working and living in Aruba as a resident, or interested in opening a business in Aruba.

IASA is for short stay non-resident as per their website: "Tourist stay, visa, stay extensions and related issues is handled by Immigration Department"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Clarification excellent!!!!
    If you have it can you provide contact info?
    I will make it a sticky so people can access it easily.
    thanks
    https://www.government.aw/governance...3989/letter/I/

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. Got that figured out... Now the tax bill. Ugh. My understanding is that the tax bill will be mailed to my property here in Aruba in the summer when I may not be on the island. No other options... True or false?

thanks.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were told that they are supposed to mail it to your property in Aruba in the summer, but it could be whenever they get them done-usually in June. You have to wait until you get your first bill to know who much it will be, then for the next 5 years the bill will stay the same(unless they change the tax rate). Once you know what your bill will be, you can go in and pay it at anytime. It is billed in Florins and must be paid in Florins. Our bill goes to Oceania and property manager picks it up along with the rest of the condos they manage and pays it out of our account with them. We are paying just over $2700 on the condo vs well over $8000 on our home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Out tax bill gets mailed to our condo address. Since our management company is on sight, they will intercept it and pay it out of management account.

I will add a couple of things...

1. Make sure you check the tax office's calculations. Ours has been over assessed for the last three years and we filed appeals for each tax year.

2. Also keep tabs on your auto insurance. Our account was credited in error and paid in full by someone else. The can't trace the transaction, as it was paid in cash. Wonder where that went . The poor individual won't find out until they file a claim or renew next year. We are still covered until that takes place.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Travelinman! Just to give you a heads up! I have been a Resident for 9 years now and I did learn 1 thing the HARD way! You can line up 10 Arubians and ask them the same question and I guarantee you, you are going to get 10 different answers! I pretty well lost all my hair over the process! LOL!! AB
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Travelinman! Just to give you a heads up! I have been a Resident for 9 years now and I did learn 1 thing the HARD way! You can line up 10 Arubians and ask them the same question and I guarantee you, you are going to get 10 different answers! I pretty well lost all my hair over the process! LOL!! AB
    Ditto and this includes 'government departments' per Dimas and Immigration (and if the wind is blowing or it has rained!!) You likely won't have trouble staying but you might have trouble on reentry. Keep in mind Aruba is a friends and family kind of place....they have not caught up with the 21st century. Not a Banana Republic but not many steps above! Good luck!
    0 1