This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Condo Owners Who Rent To Tourists

  1. #51
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side!



    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1
     

  2. #52
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HOA IS $2.95 US per meter squared. This includes grounds and exterior building maintenance, trash pickup and Ethernet connection. We proved our own wireless router and purchased all of our furniture locally.
    Government collects a 6% transfer tax at closing Annual property taxes and insurance are very inexpensive, compared to where we live in NYS. Figure another 2% for associated fees for closing.
    Utilities are very reasonable when not occupied, our water and electric cost roughly $25-30 a month when vacant. We are very happy with our rental activity. We wish we had done it sooner...

    Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
    Last edited by schexc; 07-05-2018 at 09:24 PM.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 2
     

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a 6% tax on the purchase price, so a 250,000 condo will be $15,000. Closing costs 2k to 4k.
    0 0
     

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.
    0 0
     

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for a lot of very useful and interesting information. I am considering to purchase at The Pearl. Would you recommend using Pearl property management for rental and management or other companies? What is Pearl's management fees (%). Do they have a rental pool or renting a specific unit? Thanks in advance.
    0 0
     

  6. #56
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi and welcome to the posting side!

    posting #52 is from forum member schexc.
    he and his bride own at the "pearl" and I am sure he can answer questions for you.
    click on his name at his post and then click private message.
    you can ask all about the "pearl"

    good luck and if you do not hear from him immediately, he is packing for aruba!

    again, welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by manasr View Post
    Thank you for a lot of very useful and interesting information. I am considering to purchase at The Pearl. Would you recommend using Pearl property management for rental and management or other companies? What is Pearl's management fees (%). Do they have a rental pool or renting a specific unit? Thanks in advance.

  7. #57
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like...

    Absolutely send a PM if you have any questions. If I don’t know the answer I can certainly get it for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hi and welcome to the posting side!

    posting #52 is from forum member schexc.
    he and his bride own at the "pearl" and I am sure he can answer questions for you.
    click on his name at his post and then click private message.
    you can ask all about the "pearl"

    good luck and if you do not hear from him immediately, he is packing for aruba!

    again, welcome!




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    sent, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Like...

    Absolutely send a PM if you have any questions. If I don’t know the answer I can certainly get it for you.
    0 0
     

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they consider you a serious buyer there is absolutely no reason for them to deny you access to the bylaws.

    You have to be able to do your due diligence.
    Seeing the bylaws, the budget and the reserve schedule is an important part of that.
    0 0
     

  10. #60
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,898
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had full disclosure of the bylaws before we purchased.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •