This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Condo ownership/ investment

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you don’t get blind sided. We purchased a few units in harbor house and at first I assumed it was a communication issue but now I’m finding out things may have been intentional. I was told my unit has indoor parking now they are trying to assign me outside parking ( title just says unit and parking below also to me sounds like indoor)in the city and per contract my final payment was at closing they emailed me closing was ready and I must close within 30 days. So I had to take off work wire them a bunch of money sign papers saying I was going to take responsibility for the unit ( I did not care because I assumed I would own it a week later) then five months after I finally got to close after many emails never being responded to. Now I just got a bill for months of condo fees and estimated electric costs.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh ....what a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick80 View Post
    Make sure you don’t get blind sided. We purchased a few units in harbor house and at first I assumed it was a communication issue but now I’m finding out things may have been intentional. I was told my unit has indoor parking now they are trying to assign me outside parking ( title just says unit and parking below also to me sounds like indoor)in the city and per contract my final payment was at closing they emailed me closing was ready and I must close within 30 days. So I had to take off work wire them a bunch of money sign papers saying I was going to take responsibility for the unit ( I did not care because I assumed I would own it a week later) then five months after I finally got to close after many emails never being responded to. Now I just got a bill for months of condo fees and estimated electric costs.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

send me a PM about what I should look out for before I contact them.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum james1
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Harbor House have any indoor parking?

When we bought our condo resale in 2017, it took over 3 months until they(notary) was ready to close and another few weeks until we were able to get there for settlement. We also purchased a garage privately on our property that became available during Covid shutdown. We wired the money and took possession of the garage, but did not go to settlement at the notary until Dec. We did owe back fees.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased at Azure and my closing was last May during Covid. I did everything online with notary and Veronica Gomez. Veronica was wonderful, assisting me all the way. It did take about month for everything and multiple times sending notary same documents!!! They initially tried to get us to close before construction was done, but we said no. I never got my deed until my first visit p, which was October 2020 and it’s in Dutch!!! We have a parking spot assigned to us and also a storage unit right outside our unit in the hall.

when I went to visit a friend at Harbor House, she told me to park in the underground garage. I assumed that was where her parking spot was, but I didn’t ask. I will find out from her if that’s he case.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Harbor house has indoor and outdoor. When I bought three years ago I was told I person I would have indoor parking. Then they added units to the building and now I’m being told my spot is outside. My deed is kinda “gray area” says my unit with parking below.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our condo association documents specific a parking spot number. See if the docs say anything.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have information on a pre construction property called Waykiri in Noord?
    1.) Is it a reputable builder ?
    2.) We are looking to buy but a little nervous. They are asking for a 10% deposit and overtime they make progress they take another 20% towards the balance. Worried about the project stopping and we are out of lot's of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-pfd6fZjLw

Joally di Vecchia

Waykiri Condos Aruba

Rooi Santo 3-A
    Noord, Aruba
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard of the property/builder, but welcome to the forum djlilcee. I'm sure someone has probably heard something about it.

0 0