This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I avoid getting a bank in Aruba ?

Post Thanks / Like

How can I avoid getting a bank in Aruba ?

Bon tardi

I have read all I can find here about Banking in Aruba...ughhh.
    Most banks seem to have rules and fees etc. that I would love to avoid if possible.
    I see that some people are able to avoid having a bank and would like to hear
    about how you own and pay all the bills without a bank.

Thank You for any and all information.
    Pam
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flpctc View Post
    Bon tardi

I have read all I can find here about Banking in Aruba...ughhh.
    Most banks seem to have rules and fees etc. that I would love to avoid if possible.
    I see that some people are able to avoid having a bank and would like to hear
    about how you own and pay all the bills without a bank.

Thank You for any and all information.
    Pam
    If you own, are you going to be renting it out? Then most likely you would have a property manager. We bought just over a year ago at Oasis Condominiums. we were fortunate that the previous owner had a property manager and after meeting them ( a husband and wife team who live in our building) we decided to keep them. It has turned out great, and we are 100% happy with their work. They pay ALL our bills from our monthly income, except for our property taxes. We paid our first installment in may by wire transfer, and when we arrive in three weeks we are bringing cash to pay the balance at the tax offices. We learned we can do this in the future to save the $55 wire fee. You can pay in cash if your over 60 is what Iv'e been told. if you have any further questions - you can PM me.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I recently bought a condo and for now the property management does pay all utility bills for me.
    No, will not be renting, but we will use maybe 6 months if that works out with immigration.
    I do have a car so need to be able to pay all that goes along with that and I think property taxes. Not sure what else.
    I do have a pest control co. that comes when I'm not there but might just pay them upfront before I leave.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our property manager pays for everything related to the condo including the property taxes. All we have left is insurance and registration and inspection of the car which we pay in cash. They would also do our insurance for us but we like seeing our agent. They would also do the car stuff, but we do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Property Manager.

Our management company takes care of all and any expenses that we incur, while here in the states. It's all inclusive and they par our vehicle related expenses too.
    Last edited by schexc; 08-30-2022 at 01:14 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have a Prop manager for utilities and HOA but didn't think they could Pay for car reg.etc. or taxes.
    Robin when you said you get cash for those things, do you use a cc/atm since you don't have a bank there?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We were using the atm at the bank at rt. 2 and 4 because it was close to us. I think the bank closed, but the ATM was working. Last year when there was an issue with one of the banks having issues with their ATMs, we started using the ATM at the gas station near us. One of our ATM cards will not work at one of the banks, I think it is Banco Carib.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the property managers charge a fee for their services? If so is it a general fee and they will do whatever you need or is it a fee per 'chore'. Thanks!

ATM at Seaport near 5 O'clock Somewhere and at the airport (drive up) are RBC ATMs. They do not charge a fee, directions are in English and they give dollars.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ann
    The P management gave us a set fee to pay all utilities and HOA fees.
    I believe anything else is a fee but thought they said they can't do vehicle reg. fees.

Does that ATM take a CC for cash? I am not sure about what is accepted for payment for vehicle fees.
    When we first did register my car they said no cash or cc. They gave us a One Time exception to use the CC.
    I guess if you are over 60 they might take cash but it's my DH name on the reg. and he's not 60, but I am and
    they still wouldn't take the cash .
    I hate to get a bank account just to cover that one payment. Not sure about property taxes either.
    Thanks Ann from NH...me too Pam
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the tax office in Noord and inquired about paying taxes. Yes you can pay with cash if your 60 years old, but you have to pay in florins. They don’t take US dollars. Also, only the main office accept payment. I guess you could get florins from the atm, not sure what the conversion rate would be. Still trying to figure out how to pay my taxes. Last year I was renting and they got paid from my rental income,
    0 0