This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Interested in Purchasing Vacation Property

Post Thanks / Like

Interested in Purchasing Vacation Property

Been to Aruba several times and we love it. The weather, people, beaches, food are the best. We are coming again this summer with the entire family and my wife and I will be looking to buy a 3 bedroom unit (home or condo) for occasional use over the next 10 years and rent out to cover expenses. Then when we retire in about 10 years we want to use for maximum time (under 6 months I believe) and possibly rent out the other time to family and friends. We see lots of unit on the market at this time and agents tell us their clients are motivated to sell. Why is that? Is there a trend to get out due to increased taxes or other reasons? We are in no rush to buy but if price, unit and circumstances are right then we want to proceed. Units that are priced around $700,000 US, how much on average do they negotiate down, 50000, 100000 or more. I know every circumstance is different but I would think there is some general thought on it. Many thanks for all replies and love to read all the posts on this site which has been very informative.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Aruba.com community forum.
    I expect that you will get much information from some condo and home owners that are on this forum
    Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Been to Aruba several times and we love it. The weather, people, beaches, food are the best. We are coming again this summer with the entire family and my wife and I will be looking to buy a 3 bedroom unit (home or condo) for occasional use over the next 10 years and rent out to cover expenses. Then when we retire in about 10 years we want to use for maximum time (under 6 months I believe) and possibly rent out the other time to family and friends. We see lots of unit on the market at this time and agents tell us their clients are motivated to sell. Why is that? Is there a trend to get out due to increased taxes or other reasons? We are in no rush to buy but if price, unit and circumstances are right then we want to proceed. Units that are priced around $700,000 US, how much on average do they negotiate down, 50000, 100000 or more. I know every circumstance is different but I would think there is some general thought on it. Many thanks for all replies and love to read all the posts on this site which has been very informative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Been to Aruba several times and we love it. The weather, people, beaches, food are the best. We are coming again this summer with the entire family and my wife and I will be looking to buy a 3 bedroom unit (home or condo) for occasional use over the next 10 years and rent out to cover expenses. Then when we retire in about 10 years we want to use for maximum time (under 6 months I believe) and possibly rent out the other time to family and friends. We see lots of unit on the market at this time and agents tell us their clients are motivated to sell. Why is that? Is there a trend to get out due to increased taxes or other reasons? We are in no rush to buy but if price, unit, and circumstances are right then we want to proceed. Units that are priced around $700,000 US, how much on average do they negotiate down, 50000, 100000 or more. I know every circumstance is different but I would think there is some general thought on it. Many thanks for all replies and love to read all the posts on this site which has been very informative.
    Don't get sucked in by any realtors hype. Right now, immediately behind our Villa ( although there is some cunucu land ) there are 80 new houses being built. 15 in the last month alone!! The roads are to be sealed after construction when there are no heavy trucks. This activity has had an impact on prices where we are. They have increased significantly. Your question will be answered when you know the area you wish to buy in.
    0 0