This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non Resident Bank Account

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, Sue T. here. Hope your Holidays were well.
    We are closing on a condo in Aruba January 10, 2021 and are also in need of a bank. We were in contact with Arubabank and they want us to keep $60,000 in bank account as balance in order to open non resident account. Not so happy with that idea. Any other options for New Jersey couple coming to Aruba. Seems
    like you know your banks in Aruba
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Congrats on your house in Aruba. We are closing on a Condo January 10th. We are also based in US, New Jersey, and want to open
    a bank in Aruba. Were in contact with Aruba bank and got the same response. We were wondering if you got any information of another
    bank to use to pay your bills there. Thanks Sue T.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    Hello and Congrats on your house in Aruba. We are closing on a Condo January 10th. We are also based in US, New Jersey, and want to open
    a bank in Aruba. Were in contact with Aruba bank and got the same response. We were wondering if you got any information of another
    bank to use to pay your bills there. Thanks Sue T.

Try RBC Royal Bank. We had no problem opening a Florin account and wiring money to Aruba. You will need a lot of paper work to get it open. We found the fees to be very low and have a debit card we use on the island. I believe they have info on web site as to what you need to open the account. Best Of Luck
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like

Bank Account with RBC

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneT View Post
    Good Morning, We are also closing on condo in January. We are also non-residents from New Jersey. Aruba bank was just too much with the deposit. Would be interested in RBC. Not sure where it is located. Do you have contact information and/or address? Would greatly appreciate the info.
    Hi Suzanne, I am also non-resident (Canadian) and just recently opened an account with RBC. Here is my journey to open an account . I completed Contact Us form on their website, after a week somebody from Trinidad & Tobago (I think RBC has Caribbean headquarter and contact centre there) and advised that my message will be forwarded to Aruba branch. A week or 10 days later someone from Aruba branch contacted me with details what is required to open a non-resident account. I submitted all required documents online to RBC, they confirmed that the docs are good and scheduled an appointment. You have to be in Aruba and go to RBC branch to sign the account opening documents. At the branch I completed another form and I signed the documents. After 4-5 days account was approved and I was able to register for online banking (instructions were provided what to do). The monthly fee is 15 florins (I think lower for 60+ years old) , no minimum balance required. There is 1.31% tax for non-residents to deposit money in the account. Yes, you pay tax to deposit money. After 5-6 weeks I have my account opened. I will pick up ATM card next time I am on the island. The RBC branch is located at Italiestraat, 36 close to Ling & Sons. Hope it helps.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, you seem pretty knowledgeable about this. Is the $60k a separate deposit form the 40% down on a house? It’s just there to sit in the bank as collateral and can’t be used towards the purchase of a home or am I understanding wrong?
    0 0