This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Resident Condo Property Taxes Increasing by 50% on January 1, 2019

English language explanation of tax changes. Applies in the most part to both residents and non residents. Despite having to accept a big increase here myself, it's good to see Aruba making some things a bit better for it's poorest citizens whilst trying to make fiscally prudent decisions and attempting to pay off some of its very large deficit which has ballooned over the past few years.

https://www.overheid.aw/news/news_38...orm_38437.html
    Last edited by elephant_guy; 12-08-2018 at 07:44 AM.

They will raise property tax from 0.4 to 0.6% for non-residents home and cindi owners.
    Also the 6% tax will be included in the invoices and receipts to avoid double taxation.
    and of course they will increase “sin” tax on alcohol and cigarettes.

I will be honest it appears like the taxes have dropped big for the locals?

Quote Originally Posted by elephant_guy View Post
    English language explanation of tax changes. Applies in the most part to both residents and non residents. Despite having to accept a big increase here myself, it's good to see Aruba making some things a bit better for it's poorest citizens whilst trying to make fiscally prudent decisions and attempting to pay off some of its very large deficit which has ballooned over the past few years.

https://www.overheid.aw/news/news_38...orm_38437.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I will be honest it appears like the taxes have dropped big for the locals?

Yes, in the same article says that senior citizens will not pay taxes and property taxes will be reduced for local people, depends on the value of the property.

Aruba since 1979
    At one point, I read that Aruba is in the top 10% of the highest taxes in the world.