This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: O Condo Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

O Condo Aruba

Hello! We bought a condo on Eagle Beach and we are hoping it will be done around January/February. My husband is an orthodontist and he was offered a position by a local orthodontist there to work with him one week a month, which is what he has been doing for the last 20 years. Anyway, we are very excited but we need to furnish this from top to bottom and I have no idea who to use. The condo deals with their own decorator but I'm looking for options. Any advice??
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no advice.
    But, I do say welcome to the Aruba.com community forum.

There are many homeowners on this site and I am sure they will offer advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DanaK View Post
    Hello! We bought a condo on Eagle Beach and we are hoping it will be done around January/February. My husband is an orthodontist and he was offered a position by a local orthodontist there to work with him one week a month, which is what he has been doing for the last 20 years. Anyway, we are very excited but we need to furnish this from top to bottom and I have no idea who to use. The condo deals with their own decorator but I'm looking for options. Any advice??

Post Thanks / Like
    Congradulations! From the renditions that we have seen you're probably looking at SFORD, E3 or Danas Interiors, if looking on the island. Otherwise filling a shipping container and purchasing in the states. I'm sure that otheres will chime in...

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the neighborhood! We one at Oceania. I have been told(by a hotel manager) that it less expensive to buy it in the US and ship it in. I don't know what your style is or your budget. I know Crown has furniture, but I don't know about the quality. We bought over 2 years ago and it came furnished, but I'd love to make it my style once we have the money to do it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our friends are building a house and they shipped in all of their furniture, appliances etc....they said despite the shipping costs it saved them a small fortune not trying to buy things on the island. They also said there choices were limited if they only shopped on the island as well....congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaK View Post
    I have owned on the island for 14 years. We purchased here and also shipped down. One thing I would be very concerned about, based on personal experiences here, is that of a warranty. I have a Frigidaire fridge and it needs new trays and a minor service. The stores here flatly refuse to sell me the parts or service it since it was not purchased from them. Same with a SONY TV. I have a car that was not bought from a local dealer and it was hit in a roundabout by a local who did not yield. The insurance covers the damage but the Honda dealer refuses to do the repair. I need to have an independent body shop import the parts for the repair.

So, my advice is to consider all these things. While the timing may not be ideal, most of the stores do have sales with deep discounts.
    3 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info. This is something that we’ve never heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I have owned on the island for 14 years. We purchased here and also shipped down. One thing I would be very concerned about, based on personal experiences here, is that of a warranty. I have a Frigidaire fridge and it needs new trays and a minor service. The stores here flatly refuse to sell me the parts or service it since it was not purchased from them. Same with a SONY TV. I have a car that was not bought from a local dealer and it was hit in a roundabout by a local who did not yield. The insurance covers the damage but the Honda dealer refuses to do the repair. I need to have an independent body shop import the parts for the repair.

So, my advice is to consider all these things. While the timing may not be ideal, most of the stores do have sales with deep discounts.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Good info. This is something that we’ve never heard of before.
    I haven't heard that either. We had our washer and dryer shipped in. We were told that they do not stock electric dryers on the island and it would have to be shipped in(not our first choice to do it with appliances). I had the washer shipped too since they are matching.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I haven't heard that either. We had our washer and dryer shipped in. We were told that they do not stock electric dryers on the island and it would have to be shipped in(not our first choice to do it with appliances). I had the washer shipped too since they are matching.
    Real example... On the island, Friomax are the dealer for Frigidaire. I have a Frigidaire fridge. Mr. Pieterz of Friomax refuses to service or sell parts. For the Honda Accord parts it Jossy Motors here, the Honda dealer. Again won't assist.

I am told that appliances purchased at PriceSmart are problematic for warranty work also.

Also, I think you were given wrong info about an electric dryer. I recently purchased a washer dryer and look at both electric and gas at Crown and AMC Unicon
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would be worried but based on the actually savings our friends had ordering and shipping I would take the risk. I have not had to use any warranty for any product I have purchased in the last 25 years with the exception of my big screen tv blowing many years ago and would risk it providing the cost savings was in the thousands....then if something broke I could buy another one if I could not get it fixed with my savings.