This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Owning in Aruba - pros and cons

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Stanley; 05-31-2021 at 02:42 AM.
    0 0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    a lot of good answers / advices here already, proof of a wonderful community!

In case you have more questions, feel free to contact me anytime.
    0 0

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I agree with Robin's assessment that the monthly cost estimate you were provided was likely in florin and not USD. Our average water & electric (combined) cost is in the range of $400-$500 per month (for 3 Bedroom/3 bath house w/pool). Utilities are definitely expensive in Aruba (especially water since Aruba needs to "make" their water at the desalination plant) - but given that there is no heating bill, I find the total monthly utility cost for a house in Aruba is similar to the monthly utility cost for the house we own in the USA (in upstate NY).
    that can be correct if you leave all AC's running 24/7 with the door open maybe. I use electricity and water for my family (3 persons, 2 bed, 1 bath, 2 AC 24/7) and I pay half of what you claim...) I hope you found your leak...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Stanley do you have a pool? A pool itself will run well over a $100 a month on its own...She mentioned a 3 BR and 3 Bath...you have a 2br with 1 bath...not sure we are comparing the same house and hence the difference. Do you like your place at 73F or 67F. Are you in full sun or shade? We have another owner that I want to say was paying over 400 monthly for a 2br condo as they are in the sun all day and really can heat up the rooms. All that said, sorry Chris you had to deal with someone questioning your ACTUAL experiences. Sorry, Stanley you seem way off on this one and seem like you are talking down to Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    that can be correct if you leave all AC's running 24/7 with the door open maybe. I use electricity and water for my family (3 persons, 2 bed, 1 bath, 2 AC 24/7) and I pay half of what you claim...) I hope you found your leak...
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 05-31-2021 at 06:12 PM.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 1