This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Potential new owner in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Our notary translated everything for us. I guess it depends on who you use. I think the buyer can choose. We had Johnson’s.
    Our deed is in Dutch. Everything else was in English.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Our deed is in Dutch. Everything else was in English.
    Yes, our deed is in Dutch, but they translated everything at settlement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Our notary translated everything for us. I guess it depends on who you use. I think the buyer can choose. We had Johnson’s.
    Our Notary was M. J. C. Tromp. It was setup by the builder and the listing real estate agent. Everything went smoothly.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    She Tromp) was our's also. Really liked her. The buyer may choose the notary....our realtor recommended her based on her efficiency as well as knowledge etc. I have had two appointments with her in the past 10 years seeking advice and guidance and neither time did she charge me....I offered more than once... I found that interesting...meetings took less than 15 minutes.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for some great feedback over the past few days. It is all very helpful given much of it is new to me. I had spoken to a Notary a while back who I will eventually use and he is one of 4 appointed Notaries for the island that I know of. All said, I would get additional comfort on wording, and that funds will reside in trust etc.
    That said, we had decided on the two bedroom (1,300 ft 2 inside) and were going to move ahead however have become increasingly concerned over the past week. Between Covid and second phase waves, cruise lines cancelling cruises until 2021, bankruptcies, and a project which has been mentioned only being 60% sold after three years, it is highly unlikely many will be sold over the next 6 months even if schedule is held which is also highly unlikely. Being familiar with large project management construction, and seeing the progress today it is highly unlikely scheduled completion date will be met.
    My wife and I know we want to be in Aruba and believe O is where that will be however will need to wait this out a bit and see how it all plays out in the coming months. When we do eventually get there, I will need to buy drinks for those that are around and helped out with feedback. Something for me to look forward to.
    Will keep you all posted in the coming weeks/months...
    Thanks again!
    Rob
    1 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that you and your bride "pausing" this is the best plan.

As so many have said and still say "this too shall pass' and win it does, the O will be ready for you.

Good lck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Thank you all for some great feedback over the past few days. It is all very helpful given much of it is new to me. I had spoken to a Notary a while back who I will eventually use and he is one of 4 appointed Notaries for the island that I know of. All said, I would get additional comfort on wording, and that funds will reside in trust etc.
    That said, we had decided on the two bedroom (1,300 ft 2 inside) and were going to move ahead however have become increasingly concerned over the past week. Between Covid and second phase waves, cruise lines cancelling cruises until 2021, bankruptcies, and a project which has been mentioned only being 60% sold after three years, it is highly unlikely many will be sold over the next 6 months even if schedule is held which is also highly unlikely. Being familiar with large project management construction, and seeing the progress today it is highly unlikely scheduled completion date will be met.
    My wife and I know we want to be in Aruba and believe O is where that will be however will need to wait this out a bit and see how it all plays out in the coming months. When we do eventually get there, I will need to buy drinks for those that are around and helped out with feedback. Something for me to look forward to.
    Thanks again!
    Rob
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Thanks again!
    Rob
    You may be able to get a better price in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully that is the case for sure... Thanks !
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were on the island this past trip; we left on 3/22/2020, they were working on O seven days a week, though Sunday was a smaller crew. That being said, I believe that they had all intentions on staying on schedule.

How many units of your liking, do they have left in inventory?

If you've been in frequent with a real estate agent, they probable have a feeling that you are a more serious buyer. You might let them know that you're holding off for a bit and perhaps the builder will sweeten the pie.

All in all, your due diligence will be worth the outcome. It took us six years to pull the trigger

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wise of you to wait a bit. I am still concerned about the sentence that your $ can be used for construction. That is not your money held in a trust for your benefit if I understand the wording correctly. When we bought our home the notary did hold the money in trust until seller completed her end and was ready to sign....but the building was already up....and not a condo. Best to check with the notary here as to what that sentence means. Good luck and happy to take you up on your offer of a drink!
    1 0