This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: A serious question

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Sounds a bit suspicious, John. Maybe worth a call to the tax department directly to confirm it's legit and not some kind of scam? Will be interesting to hear what Robin and other owners find out.

    I have spoken to the tax dpt. It is for real. They want this info if as a non resident you are deriving any income. I have told them I file taxes in Canada annually and have a notice of assessment showing we owe no taxes. See where it goes.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Sounds a bit suspicious, John. Maybe worth a call to the tax department directly to confirm it's legit and not some kind of scam? Will be interesting to hear what Robin and other owners find out.

    I have taken pics of all 12 pages of questions and asked Andrea if it is possible to send them to her or post them

  3. #13
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    3,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard anything yet, but if they want me to fill something out, they better send it in English.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet, but if they want me to fill something out, they better send it in English.

    Its only in Dutch

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,449
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never received any request from you asking to send them to me.
    You can scan them and then post them to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I have taken pics of all 12 pages of questions and asked Andrea if it is possible to send them to her or post them
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Zeerovers, San Nicolaas, Malmok, Arashi
    Posts
    1,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a private message through the forum

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like the 2019 income tax form that our tax specialist has told us to expect.
    0 0
     

  8. #18
    Senior Member GETA62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet, but if they want me to fill something out, they better send it in English.
    I asked my property manager and she mentioned that few more clients of her did receive similar booklets. Which she passed to their bookkeeper. She says that this related to the vacation rentals properties. Now government trying to get as much money as possible so they collecting this from non- residents, especially who applied for Health Check from DVG.

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,449
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks GETA
    so John and others are not being "scammed"
    the sky is not falling and all is right in the world.
    well as right as it can be during a pandemic.
    glad it is legit.

    Thanks Geta!!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    I asked my property manager and she mentioned that few more clients of her did receive similar booklets. Which she passed to their bookkeeper. She says that this related to the vacation rentals properties. Now government trying to get as much money as possible so they collecting this from non- residents, especially who applied for Health Check from DVG.
    Anyone earning income from a rental property in Aruba should be collecting and remitting the 9.5% Tourist Tax and $3 per day Lodging (environmental) tax. You should also be filing an annual tax return with the Aruban tax department which is what that booklet is for.

    This is nothing new and no different than declaring your income in your home country.

    Yes, their forms are all in Dutch, which is the official language of the country.
    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •