This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 hours requirement

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sadly, Walt's trip was cancelled .
    usa residents cannot get into AUA til July 10.

Quote Originally Posted by LK1 View Post
    WaltVB. Im guessing you are heading to Aruba in the next 24 hours. Im from Canada. Did you get a test done? if so did you wait long before you received the results? I know things are different between our countries when it comes to testing. Thanks.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    canada girl

the full name must appear on all pages of the PCR test results
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ditto to what jacki says!

many of us wanted to see the whole thing from immigration dept.

boy I wish you and pam could be there.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    To add salt to my wounds, I received this from Aruba ED card:

Hello friends of Aruba!
    You are now 24 hours away from your arrival in paradise and this email serves as a very important reminder to finalize the mandatory online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) card process.
    Please read the following information carefully as you will need to successfully complete the ED card and present it at check-in in order to be permitted to Aruba.
    We acknowledge that there are now extra steps to visit Aruba, but we are in extraordinary times, and they are necessary for the safety and wellbeing of our beloved guests and our local people.
    We want you to have a smooth, safe journey to Aruba, so we’ve laid out the important steps to complete the ED card process.

STEP 2: THE COVID-19 PCR NASAL/ORAL SPECIMEN SWAB TEST
    At this time, like many of you, we are focusing on the health and safety of our community, visitors and our health care system. This will always remain our top priority and the driving force for decisions made regarding our borders.
    Proof that you do not have Covid -19 is a mandatory requirement to enter Aruba. As currently this proof can only be provided through a negative, PCR COVID -19 test such shall be required. It is important that we have test result to confirm travelers are negative for the Coronavirus 19 as close to their arrival date as possible. For this reason, we have protocols in place that allows for the following two options for testing.
    Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure
    Option 2: Pre-pay PCR COVID 19 test prior to travel to Aruba

• Important specifics on visitor’s PCR testing prior to travel to Aruba:
    • The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result cannot be older than 72 hours before departure to Aruba.
    • The COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test with a negative result must be performed by a certified lab.
    • Authorized PCR test applicable for Aruba is the nasal/oral specimen through PCR testing. Any other COVID-19 test (serological testing/antibody testing, antigen testing or any other blood test) will not be accepted. Option 1: Undergo and upload your PCR COVID-19 negative test within 72 hours to 12 hours prior to your departure
    • Your negative PCR test result should be uploaded (and undergo) within 72 hours to 12 hours of departure to minimize the chances of an individual contracting the virus prior to travel to Aruba. This is for the safety of Aruba’s visitors and local community.
    • You can upload a document or picture the negative test results and the results must be readable and legible.
    • The costs of PCR tests incurred by you in your home country is your responsibility.
    • Upon arrival, if you provided a proof of a negative PCR test, you will undergo an initial health screening. You will undergo a manual temperature check by a Health Worker at the Medical Post. The Health Worker will also conduct a short interview to determine any COVID-19 risks. If you are cleared, you can proceed.
    • Note: Children under 15 years are not required to provide a negative COVID-19 test or get the health screening when arriving in Aruba.
    • You will also need to purchase health insurance coverage as required by the government of Aruba, to be permitted entry to Aruba. For more information on the benefits and pricing of “Aruba Visitor Insurance” please visit XXX.

• Option 2: Pre-pay PCR COVID 19 test prior to travel to Aruba
    • In the event that you do not have the opportunity to undergo and to upload a negative COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test not older than 72 to 12 hours prior to departure, will result in pre-paying for the PCR COVID-19 test will be administered upon arrival at the Queen Beatrix International Airport Aruba.
    • The fee for the COVID-19 PCR nasal/oral specimen swab test in Aruba is USD $75
    • Part of this testing procedure is that you await your COVID-19 test results in quarantine at your booked accommodation. The quarantine will be up to 24 hours and the Aruba Department of Health will make every effort to have results in 6-8 hours, in order to minimize your time in quarantine. (Full details on the on airport health screening and the government-mandated procedures for visitors showing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19 while in Aruba, can be found at aruba.com.)
    • You will also need to purchase health insurance coverage as required by the government of Aruba, to be permitted entry to Aruba. For more information on the benefits and pricing of “Aruba Visitor Insurance” please visit XXX.

• STEP 3: RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED APPROVAL VIA EMAIL FOR BOARDING.
    • Once completing all previous steps and the payment for Aruba Visitor Insurance, you will receive an automated ED card approval via email.
    • Important: The approved ED card documentation is required to be presented in digital or printed form, at the airline check-in, to be permitted to travel to Aruba.
    • You will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain your insurance policy details.
    • Visitors will also receive a confirmation of payment via email for the Aruba Visitor Insurance and the prepaid COVID-19 PCR test in Aruba. This email will also contain the visitor’s insurance policy details.

We sincerely thank you in advance for diligently completing the online Embarkation/Disembarkation card process and all the extra effort needed to do so.
    On behalf of the people of Aruba, we eagerly await your arrival thank you for choosing One happy island as your vacation escape. After all, you deserve some happiness!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this, Walt (and sorry you and Pam won't be giving us your wonderful trip reports this year). I'm going to print it for myself.

But what's Step 1? It's funny that it starts with Step 2. Maybe Step 1 is "you've made the decision to come to Aruba". LOL!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step 1
    (I think is where) you enter your flight numbers, name, passport #'s and dates.
    It can be done as soon as you make an "Aruba plan"

I think that once you begin step 2 you are on the 72 hour countdown!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Step 1
    (I think is where) you enter your flight numbers, name, passport #'s and dates.
    It can be done as soon as you make an "Aruba plan"

I think that once you begin step 2 you are on the 72 hour countdown!
    Correct. First you fill out the usual stuff, then they send you the communication I posted within 24 hours of departure. We should be sitting in the Club ATL right now.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense. **sigh** I'd already done my ED form back when I made my Sept. rez in January. Wonder if I'll be doing a new one at the end of August. :-(

When you print it all out, it's kind of intimidating! But very well spelled out. I continue to be impressed with how carefully and responsibly Aruba is handling all this.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, what if you get your test results after the 12 hours?? Can you bring them and show them when you arrive in Aruba? The way it reads, if you don’t upload the negative test, you pay for the PCR test. I wonder if they would still make you test in Aruba when you land.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the PCR result must be digitally uploaded at the ED site.
    there is no other way.....cannot bring it on paper and hand it in to someone.
    if you choose to get the PCR test in Aruba, it is done at the airport.

if your test is NOT uploaded 12 hrs prior to flight you are required to be tested in Aruba.

Unfortunately......just those 2 options exist at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    Andrea, what if you get your test results after the 12 hours?? Can you bring them and show them when you arrive in Aruba? The way it reads, if you don’t upload the negative test, you pay for the PCR test. I wonder if they would still make you test in Aruba when you land.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Dumb question
    What about cruise ships coming in for the day?
    we are supposed to go in Feb; i know it's far away but friends want to know
    0 0