This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Acceptable Covid Tests

  1. #1
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Acceptable Covid Tests

    I know we have probably exhausted the testing topic but I found this service under a website for rapid testing for travel. I wonder if this would be accepted since you are mailing to a lab and getting results back from a lab. Except, how could you prove this was your sample. Anyone else heard of this?

    Website link below.

    https://welltreedx.com/main/executiv...SAAEgLLI_D_BwE
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    this link may help
    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...g#your-options


    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I know we have probably exhausted the testing topic but I found this service under a website for rapid testing for travel. I wonder if this would be accepted since you are mailing to a lab and getting results back from a lab. Except, how could you prove this was your sample. Anyone else heard of this?

    Website link below.

    https://welltreedx.com/main/executiv...SAAEgLLI_D_BwE


    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is very helpful thanks!

    I think for me I rather test on arrival. It's only a few hours quarantine the first day and I rarely ever go out for dinner, pool or beach the first day. I'm usually very tired the first day and would rather order a pizza and stay in my room or balcony. We shall see..
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member EDMLS1358's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    This is very helpful thanks!

    I think for me I rather test on arrival. It's only a few hours quarantine the first day and I rarely ever go out for dinner, pool or beach the first day. I'm usually very tired the first day and would rather order a pizza and stay in my room or balcony. We shall see..
    We got tested yesterday at Riverside Medical in Secaucus, less than 1 hour from arrival until test result in hand, uploaded to ED card site and approved in seconds. Well worth it if just for the peace of mind factor.
    0 2
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member SkiChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Aruba Ace,
    I was in Aruba from Sept 10-20th and I was tested at the Aruba airport. It was a quick and easy process. The testing area is the very last area before you exit the airport (just after the customs screening machines). I was only in line for 1-2 minutes and then they took me right in for testing. There is an area with a check-in desk and they give you a test tube. Then you move over to an area with several chairs (all spaced apart) and a nurse has you sit in one of the chairs while he/she collects the sample. First they ask you to open your mouth and they use a long Q-tip/swab to touch the back of your throat (that isn't bad). Then they'll use the same swab and insert it in your nostril (they go all the way in again to touch the back of your throat - that is not pleasant but not too bad). Then they swab the second nostril (same way) and the swab goes in your tube. It is a quick sampling process. Once you have been sampled, you can leave airport and go to your accommodations to wait for test results. The minute you walk out of the airport and feel the Aruba sun and breezes – it makes it ALL worth it!
    I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”.
    Last edited by SkiChris; 09-30-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    0 1
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Hi Aruba Ace,
    I was in Aruba from Sept 10-20th and I was tested at the Aruba airport. It was a quick and easy process. The testing area is the very last area before you exit the airport (just after the customs screening machines). I was only in line for 1-2 minutes and then they took me right in for testing. There is an area with a check-in desk and they give you a test tube. Then you move over to an area with several chairs (all spaced apart) and a nurse has you sit in one of the chairs while he/she collects the sample. First they ask you to open your mouth and they use a long Q-tip/swab to touch the back of your throat (that isn't bad). Then they'll use the same swab and insert it in your nostril (they go all the way in again to touch the back of your throat - that is not pleasant but not too bad). Then they swab the second nostril (same way) and the swab goes in your tube. It is a quick sampling process. Once you have been sampled, you can leave airport and go to your accommodations to wait for test results. The minute you walk out of the airport and feel the Aruba sun and breezes – it makes it ALL worth it!
    I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”.
    Thanks for sharing. Now you got me all excited! Ha ha ha. They send the result to an email, an app?
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, you have to download an app to get results: https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app

  8. #8
    Senior Member SkiChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Aruba Ace,
    Yes - you do receive the results by email but you must also download the app that Walt recommended above prior to taking the test in Aruba. The Aruba airport is strict on that and you need to show them the app on your phone (or on a laptop computer) before they will test you. It is a quick app to install and has lots of good information on it....and it will also display your test results too.
    I'm glad you are getting excited. The beaches are fantastic because there are palapas for everyone! (no matter what time you make it out to the beach). Tons of room / separation from others so you feel completely comfortable. A true once in a lifetime opportunity to enjoy Aruba Beaches. You'll be in heaven.
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Hi Aruba Ace,
    I was in Aruba from Sept 10-20th and I was tested at the Aruba airport. It was a quick and easy process. The testing area is the very last area before you exit the airport (just after the customs screening machines). I was only in line for 1-2 minutes and then they took me right in for testing. There is an area with a check-in desk and they give you a test tube. Then you move over to an area with several chairs (all spaced apart) and a nurse has you sit in one of the chairs while he/she collects the sample. First they ask you to open your mouth and they use a long Q-tip/swab to touch the back of your throat (that isn't bad). Then they'll use the same swab and insert it in your nostril (they go all the way in again to touch the back of your throat - that is not pleasant but not too bad). Then they swab the second nostril (same way) and the swab goes in your tube. It is a quick sampling process. Once you have been sampled, you can leave airport and go to your accommodations to wait for test results. The minute you walk out of the airport and feel the Aruba sun and breezes – it makes it ALL worth it!
    I was tested at 2pm and received results at 2am. My sister did the same process the following day. She tested at 3pm and received her results by 11pm. On our first night, my husband and I had groceries delivered and made a nice dinner in the room. We watched a nice movie, went to bed early, and woke up early the next day to start our absolutely amazing vacation in Aruba. We kept saying “what took us this long to decide to return? This is amazing!”.
    WOW! Thats the way to go - less hassle i guess. Thanks for sharing This might get everybody excited.
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Ace, you have to download an app to get results: https://www.aruba.com/us/aruba-health-app
    This may be a dumb question, but does the online ED card registration and this Aruba Health app "talk" to each other? If I got a test in the States before heading to Aruba, do those results get uploaded to the online ED form or this health app? Or is this health app only for getting tested and getting those results once you land in Aruba? Sorry if this has been answered before...


    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •