This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Color Coding ...Timing Adjustment

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Airport Color Coding ...Timing Adjustment

https://www.airportaruba.com/press-r...up-color-codes

ADAPTATION OF CHECK-IN TIME FOR ALL GROUP COLOR CODES
    January 5, 2022
    ORANJESTAD – As informed by Aruba Airport Authority N.V. (AAA), the company that manages and operates Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix (AUA Airport) as of December 1, 2021, all US departing passengers are allowed access to the check-in terminal based on groups and color codes for each group at the airport as part of the “Passenger Flow Control” for all passengers to the USA.
    Further adaptations have been made to make the process more agile and to better indicate the 3 hour time frame between scheduled departure time and allowed check-time. The time frame for check-in for the YELLOW group has now been adapted to be between 08:00 – 12:00 hrs (8 AM – 12 noon). The time frame for the BLUE group has also been further adapted to now be allowed to check-in between between 12:00 and 14:00 hrs (12 noon and 2 PM). The ORANGE check-in time frame has also been adapted to now be between 14:00 hrs and 16:00 hrs (2 PM – 4 PM).
    The Passenger Flow Control concept entails that passenger are allowed to enter the check in facilities based on separate groups (Yellow, Blue and Orange) established by the scheduled airline departure times. Passengers will thus receive a dedicated timeslot to enter the terminal as indicated in table below.

Attachment 9834
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airport Color Coding ...Timing Adjustment-screen-shot-2022-01-05-8-52-50-pm-jpg  

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, as always, thank you for sharing this information it is greatly appreciated.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by oneil1343 View Post
    Andrea, as always, thank you for sharing this information it is greatly appreciated.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering when you know which color coding you are and I found this on an aruba site....How does it work?It all starts with the online ED-Card you fill in before traveling to Aruba.
    Your departure flight information is used to determine the dedicated time slot that you have to be at the airport in order to enjoy a safe, easy and fast check-in process.
    All travelers will be assigned to a color group (Yellow, Blue, Orange) which indicates the estimated time that travelers should arrive at the airport. This is based on the traveler’s airline scheduled departure time.

I thought I would share in case it would be helpful to anyone else.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I was wondering about that.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Your are welcome. Here is the link to the sight. I thought it had additional good information. It appears this process is only temp. And if your flight is delayed you are supposed to stay with the original check-in color code.

https://www.vacationsbyaruba.com/exp...ontrol-system/
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just printed my ED green check mark and there's no color code for the airport. When do you received the departure color code?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is correct, no color code assignment on your E/D card

pls look at your departing aruba time for your trip home.
    that time is what you base your airport arrival...and the appropriate color code

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    I just printed my ED green check mark and there's no color code for the airport. When do you received the departure color code?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an email from ED card stating we are in the orange group for check-in.

Your Departure Information for departure time: 16:33
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    excellent
    I did not know that they were now sending email notifications prior to departure.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I just got an email from ED card stating we are in the orange group for check-in.

Your Departure Information for departure time: 16:33

0 0