This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: April 23-April 29, 2022

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

April 23-April 29, 2022

As reported by the DVG

133 Residents +

124 Non Residents +

April 23-April 29, 2022-screen-shot-2022-04-30-8-46-57-am-jpg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, IMHO these numbers are not good....especially the non residents!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you Ann....not liking those numbers
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    When taking all of the holidays of this month into account, the numbers are unbelievably low, honestly.

Back on April 1st there were 95 active cases. With this update it has gone up to 118 active. So, yes, the numbers have risen, but combined with all the holidays, such a contagious variant and people generally acting like the virus dsn't even exist anymore, I am amazed at how low the numbers have stayed. Not only this month, but during March as well with Flag day. Without even going in all the parties that have been going on.

I think tourists in general are naturally more susceptible to catching Covid though, because they are the ones "doing things" whereas a local is generally not going out and being around different people everyday. If my math is correct, its less than 1% of tourists testing positive.
    2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    When taking all of the holidays of this month into account, the numbers are unbelievably low, honestly.

Back on April 1st there were 95 active cases. With this update it has gone up to 118 active. So, yes, the numbers have risen, but combined with all the holidays, such a contagious variant and people generally acting like the virus dsn't even exist anymore, I am amazed at how low the numbers have stayed. Not only this month, but during March as well with Flag day. Without even going in all the parties that have been going on.

I think tourists in general are naturally more susceptible to catching Covid though, because they are the ones "doing things" whereas a local is generally not going out and being around different people everyday. If my math is correct, its less than 1% of tourists testing positive.
    Would be interesting to see it broken down to age groups
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Arawak for that feedback. Makes sense and makes me feel better too.
    0 0