This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Behavior by a tourist at arrival

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning,

Rude, misbehaving drunks are the bane of tourist places all over the world. If this fellow got on the flight drunk and/or the airline kept serving him once he was inebriated, that's on both the airline and the passenger in my view.

Canadians, Dutch, Arubans and others won't judge Americans by what this 'glass bowl' did.

Keeping my comments to Aruba, we Canadians have a reputation too. We're cheapskates, we don't tip enough.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha I am smiling abut your last 2 sentences.

a whole other thread I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good morning,

Rude, misbehaving drunks are the bane of tourist places all over the world. If this fellow got on the flight drunk and/or the airline kept serving him once he was inebriated, that's on both the airline and the passenger in my view.

Canadians, Dutch, Arubans and others won't judge Americans by what this 'glass bowl' did.

Keeping my comments to Aruba, we Canadians have a reputation too. We're cheapskates, we don't tip enough.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Perhaps jail first!
    I read on another site that he did go to jail to quarantine, but he was tested.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO! So instead of getting tested and straight to hotel to quarantine he went to jail to quarantine. Serves him right!

0 1

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that the airlines were not serving alcohol on flights due to COVID. Am I misinformed? We are leaving on Friday...I wouldn't mind a little something to start vacation early. We would NEVER act like this, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    I thought that the airlines were not serving alcohol on flights due to COVID. Am I misinformed? We are leaving on Friday...I wouldn't mind a little something to start vacation early. We would NEVER act like this, though.
    I can only speak for Delta because I only fly with them - they are serving alcohol in the First Class and Comfort cabins but only wine and ber at this time.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

2 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad Behavior by a tourist at arrival-118145590_10218015500325125_989327880666391685_n-jpg

Tested while cuffed.

He may have had a few drinks at the airport and he may also have brought a few little bottles on the plane with him. You can get quite a few of them in the quart ziplock bags. We took some on a long haul flight 4 years ago to help us sleep.

Stu knows someone who was a flight attendant. They are trained not to serve(stall, "forget", etc) people who are getting intoxicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    LMAO! So instead of getting tested and straight to hotel to quarantine he went to jail to quarantine. Serves him right!
    I'd be willing to bet that his room and board aren't covered by the Covid Insurance.

Hopefully he gets slapped with an appropriate fine.
    Last edited by schexc; 08-23-2020 at 04:31 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    from your lips to the justice dept's ears

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the his room and board aren't covered by the Covid Insurance.

Hopefully he gets slapped with an appropriate fine.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he’ll write a trip report

0 1