This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Covid Test in Queen Beatrix airport

Post Thanks / Like

Covid Test in Queen Beatrix airport

Has anyone opted to take the molecular covid test when arriving in Aruba? I am not computer savvy so I was wondering how testing went in the airport. I hope someone can shed some light on this
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We tested at the airport last November. When we arrived our paperwork indicated we were testing in Aruba on arrival. We were sent to a special line after claiming our luggage and clearing customs. The test was administered in a closed off area. We got cards to show the hotel (Ocean Club) that we had tested at the airport. We stayed in our room, ordered a pizza from room service and waited for the results. Mine came in late evening, and Pam's came in very early the next morning. In the morning we contacted the front desk via email with our negative results and were able to go about and enjoy our two weeks.

The testing was not an issue and we did it because trying to test before we left (over Thanksgiving) it was kinda sketchy when we would get results. The only limits were that we went straight to Ocean Club and checked in and went to our room. It was travel day anyway so we just relaxed in the room till the next morning.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have done it three times this year. Easier for me also...lol! I will say I have a home here so I have not invested thousands in a vacation. I am also fully vaccinated.
    Three days from departure you can access the ED card process. You fill out the information...passport #, flight # , return date etc. Not hard info. Also have your credit card handy. Then you check that you will test on arrival. Cost is $75 and additonal $15 for the mandatory local covid insurance. They will tell you what shows up on credit card (I forget). There are a number of questions that they precheck for you (mainly you agree to quarantine when you arrive) . Hit submit and the green check mark comes up right away. Clear to Board. Then they send you a pdf with a smaller version and easily readable confirmation code.
    Print the paper with the green checkmark. Also print the form that says you paid for testing and paid for insurance.

When you arrive that paper with check mark will be scanned. They will direct you where to go to get tested. It is right inside the airport kind of near Duty Free but private area. If you have the Aruba Health Ap on your phone it is quick I think. Otherwise they enter your info by hand again (in typical Aruba fashion they can't seem to share info from one department to another so they enter it again!!). They give you paperwork and a tube...you go behind a screen, get tested. You will receive a card to show at your resort. Your card will indicate you are to quarantine until the results come back to you via e mail. When your results come back you show that e mail at the front desk.

The result time varies...it has been as long as 20 hours or as quick as 4 hours.

The short of it is.....you do need to input information via internet in order to get the green checkmark but the process is not difficult if you are testing in Aruba.
    Testing at the airport is generally quick. All depends on how busy the airport is in general. Last week I tested and by the time I was finished the luggage was just coming out. So really no delay. One time airport was busy so took a bit longer but so did getting the luggage...lol!

Good luck...easy to test at airport....pm me if I can be of any more help.
    3 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply. It is very reassuring. I think I can stay in my room for a day, especially if I have food and booze delivered.
    Oh, what paperwork did you have to indicate that you were going to be tested in Aruba?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Yes, I have done it three times this year. Easier for me also...lol! I will say I have a home here so I have not invested thousands in a vacation. I am also fully vaccinated.
    Three days from departure you can access the ED card process. You fill out the information...passport #, flight # , return date etc. Not hard info. Also have your credit card handy. Then you check that you will test on arrival. Cost is $75 and additonal $15 for the mandatory local covid insurance. They will tell you what shows up on credit card (I forget). There are a number of questions that they precheck for you (mainly you agree to quarantine when you arrive) . Hit submit and the green check mark comes up right away. Clear to Board. Then they send you a pdf with a smaller version and easily readable confirmation code.
    Print the paper with the green checkmark. Also print the form that says you paid for testing and paid for insurance.

When you arrive that paper with check mark will be scanned. They will direct you where to go to get tested. It is right inside the airport kind of near Duty Free but private area. If you have the Aruba Health Ap on your phone it is quick I think. Otherwise they enter your info by hand again (in typical Aruba fashion they can't seem to share info from one department to another so they enter it again!!). They give you paperwork and a tube...you go behind a screen, get tested. You will receive a card to show at your resort. Your card will indicate you are to quarantine until the results come back to you via e mail. When your results come back you show that e mail at the front desk.

The result time varies...it has been as long as 20 hours or as quick as 4 hours.

The short of it is.....you do need to input information via internet in order to get the green checkmark but the process is not difficult if you are testing in Aruba.
    Testing at the airport is generally quick. All depends on how busy the airport is in general. Last week I tested and by the time I was finished the luggage was just coming out. So really no delay. One time airport was busy so took a bit longer but so did getting the luggage...lol!

Good luck...easy to test at airport....pm me if I can be of any more help.

Thank you for explaining this so well! I am going to keep this info so I can show my dad and my kids since they are coming later than we are. Maybe they would be interested in doing this instead of trying to do it here before we leave.
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ann, thank you so much for the valuable information. You helped ease my mind. Thanks again.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I have also tested at the Aruba airport. It is a quick & easy process (cost is $75 per person). The only drawback is that you need to travel directly to your accommodation after leaving the airport, to quarantine until your results come in (it is ok to pick up a rental car at airport). We've tested at 4pm at the airport and had results in our email before midnight. The only disadvantage is that you can't visit the grocery store or go out to dinner on that first night of your arrival day, while you are waiting on results to come in. My husband I felt, as Walt did, that we don't do much normally on our arrival day - so that wasn't a big deal for us. So we had groceries delivered (that is allowed) and cooked a nice meal and then went to bed early. We woke up early the next day, had our results and were free to hit the beach and start our vacation.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have tested about 7 times at the airport. But when my Daughter came down, she went to our local Walgreens the day before she came down. Got a free rapid test and had her results in 2 hours. You just can't beat that, if its available in your area. The only reason she waited until the day before her trip, is she flew in from the West Coast 2 days before but had a plane delay and missed her flight so She overnighted in Chicago and they could not fly her home until the next evening. So it got pretty tight, but she pulled it off.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt11946 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. It is very reassuring. I think I can stay in my room for a day, especially if I have food and booze delivered.
    Oh, what paperwork did you have to indicate that you were going to be tested in Aruba?
    When you complete the ED card online there is a choice...update your test results OR test in Aruba. When choosing test in Aruba you prepau via credit card and they send you a statement that you have paid and are tesing in Aruba. I printed that. Also of course print the geen check mark page...I think when the QR (is that what is called...the black box) code is scanned it shows the person in Aruba you are to be tested at airport.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I would not take the risk (albeit a small risk) of a positive test result from the airport test on arrival. If you test positive at home before leaving not only do you not put others at risk who are on your same flight, but you get to quarantine/isolate at home (with access to all your stuff to make your stay less burdensome). If on the other hand, you test positive upon entry, you get to spend 10 days in isolation at a location of the choosing of the Aruba government.

We took the Abbott ID NOW test at Walgreens and had our result within an hour of testing. Uploaded to the Aruba ED site. Got our green checkmark and bar code, which we uploaded to the United Travel Ready Center. Got approval from United within an hour of uploading the ED Card bar code document. Got approval for our uploaded test on the Aruba Health App a day or so later. We were good to go. No one asked for our test results upon arrival. This is because it was all in the system, which they could see every time they scanned our ED Card Bar Code.

FWIW, we also did a PCR test before departure, just to be extra sure we were covid free. You could also say the antigen was done just in case we did not have the PCR test result in time. Got the PCR test result a day after we tested. So in hindsight it would have been fine to just go with that.

Also, we used the Abbott Binax Now At Home proctored test for our exit test in Aruba. Took the test 3 days before departure. No wait for a proctor - for either my test or my wifes test. Tested in the comfort of our hotel room. Uploaded to the United Travel Ready Center. All this was done using our phones. Got approval within 15 minutes of submitting the test result. No one at the airport asked for our test result. I assume this is because we were in the system as "travel ready" per United.
    1 0