This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Covid Testing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Covid Testing

    Good Morning:

    This is my first post and a have a couple questions. We are leaving Sunday May 2, 2021 do you know if they accept rapid test or must it be the test where the results takes 2-3 days? The test has to be within 72 hours and we just want to make sure the results are in on time.

    Any advice is appreciated.

    Sue
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    3,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by susanc298 View Post
    Good Morning:

    This is my first post and a have a couple questions. We are leaving Sunday May 2, 2021 do you know if they accept rapid test or must it be the test where the results takes 2-3 days? The test has to be within 72 hours and we just want to make sure the results are in on time.

    Any advice is appreciated.

    Sue
    See "Component 3" here:

    https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he...ts#component-3
    1 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the posting side!

    as act says! also too check with your local Walgreens.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another newbie! Welcome to the Forum, Sue! Hope you'll share some of your island adventures with us even if all you do is lounge on the beach (my favorite activity there!).
    1 1
     

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Susan. We used the AbottIDNow test from Walgreens and arrived Friday.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 04-26-2021 at 10:25 PM.

    0 1
     

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Welcome to the forum Sue. We used the AbottIDNow test from Walgreens and arrived Friday.

    Walt

    Was it a Rapid Diagnostic Test from Walgreens (ID NOW)???? There are two listed and one is the RAPID and the other is PCR (which takes a couple of days) I want to make sure I am getting the right test that allows for entry to Aruba........ Thank you!
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    here are what is allowed for entry into Aruba. (Act1966 posted it...component 3)
    so please go to the link that he provided, go to component 3 and then click. https://www.aruba.com/us/traveler-he.../covid-testing


    Molecular Test requirements

    Only For Option 1: Molecular testing prior to travel to Aruba

    The Government of Aruba requires the test to be a COVID-19 test, obtained from a nasal swab specimen through amplified Molecular testing performed by a certified lab, and the results need to be uploaded as part of the ED card process.
    Your lab results need to be in English, Dutch or Spanish, and list:


    • Your name, as it appears on passport
    • Date the test was collected
    • "COVID-19", "SARS-CoV-2" or "Coronavirus"
    • The type of Molecular test or Molecular test brand name (see below)
    • How the test was taken: "Nasal", "Nasopharyngeal", "Mid-turbinate", "Combined Oral/Nasal", or "Combined Oral/Nasopharyngeal", or "Combined Oral/Mid-turbinate" swab
    • Your test result: "Negative"

    Tests that are accepted:
    Accepted Molecular test types:

    • PCR / RT-PCR / ddPCR / Rapid PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)
    • NAA / NAAT (Nucleic Acid Amplification)
    • AMP PRB (Amplified Probe)
    • LAMP (Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification)
    • TMA (Transcription-mediated Amplification)

    Accepted Molecular test brands, such as, but not limited to:

    • Abbott ID NOW - Only when results include the original thermal receipt / sticker, or results are verifiable through an email or patient portal.
    • Quidel Lyra PCR
    • Abbott Realtime PCR
    • Cobas Qualitative PCR
    • FTD PCR
    • Xpert Xpress
    • Simplexa Direct PCR
    • Vault Health
    Tests that are not accepted:

    • Any at-home kits or self administered tests (the sample needs to be collected by licensed medical staff)
      • With the exception of Vault Health

    • Any test that does not rely on a nasal swab, such as:
      • Sputum, saliva and spit collection (spit in a cup, etc)
      • Gargle, oral rinse, etc
      • Oral swab without a nasal swab
      • With the exception of Vault Health

    • All Antigen (Ag) tests (including Quidel Sophia, Abbott BinaxNOW and Rapid Antigen Tests)
    • All Antibody tests (such as IgG, IgA, IgM and Rapid Antibody Tests)
    • All blood tests (such as fingerstick, venipuncture)
    • All plasma tests
    • All serum tests
    • All lateral flow tests
    • All fever checks
    • All temperature checks
    • Any Doctor's note

    Upload any of these, or an inauthentic test result, you will be required to retake the PCR test on arrival at the Airport at your expense.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by susanc298 View Post
    Walt

    Was it a Rapid Diagnostic Test from Walgreens (ID NOW)???? There are two listed and one is the RAPID and the other is PCR (which takes a couple of days) I want to make sure I am getting the right test that allows for entry to Aruba........ Thank you!
    Susan, we took the ID Now NAA/NAAT test. Had the results in a few hours. Had the lab PDF checked when we arrived and were sent right through.

    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Member Jen C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Beach, Natural Pool
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like
    Were you able to call and secure appointments ahead of time for your ID tests or did you just wait until the online window opened up to schedule? The pre-flight testing is the only component stressing me out for our trip May 29th. I want to try to get our appts secured in advance (there are 4 of us). When I go online it only allows you to book 3 days out from that day. Also was curious if your health insurance covered that form of test? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Welcome to the forum Susan. We used the AbottIDNow test from Walgreens and arrived Friday.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen C View Post
    Were you able to call and secure appointments ahead of time for your ID tests or did you just wait until the online window opened up to schedule? The pre-flight testing is the only component stressing me out for our trip May 29th. I want to try to get our appts secured in advance (there are 4 of us). When I go online it only allows you to book 3 days out from that day. Also was curious if your health insurance covered that form of test? Thanks
    Jen, I scheduled the test 3 days out online as that was the only option. There were several time slots available when I made the appointments and I booked back to back for me and Pam. When we arrived for mine we told the pharmacist we had 2 tests scheduled. She let us both do the test and we were outta there in 10 minutes. Neither myself or insurance was charged, so it was free. We had the results in hours. Don't let the tests stress you out, it's easy-peasy... Have a great trip!

    2 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •