This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: December 17, 2021

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    663
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Was already told no exceptions. Bummer but I knew there was a risk. Just bummed I missed variant announcement by literal days.
    Rubs me the wrong way too. As much as this hotel is amazing I wouldn’t want to stay at a place that was this inflexible during uncertain times; they should treat guests like family no matter what. Sounds like they don’t care about future repeat business!
    0 0
     

  2. #12
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.bucuti.com/what-we-are-not

    The last paragraph is interesting...
    0 0
     

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand their desire to get back to their pre-pandemic policy of full (non-refundable) payment 30-days before arrival. I get that they announced this many, many months ago. What I struggle with is that when the game changes (and Omicron is a game changer in terms of its transmissibility), you need to pivot with these changes. However, they are sticking to their guns here and seem unwilling to amend this new policy. And the result of that is lots of rooms being available now for the peak months (whereas one month ago it was almost impossible to score a 7 night (or longer reservation) with the ability to stay in the same room for the duration of that stay).

    Maybe from their perspective, they feel that if they go back to the policy for reservations beginning before Dec 23rd, then people will just pull the plug a few days before arrival and this leaves them with no ability to fill the room? On the other hand, forcing people to prepay 30 days in advance (non-refundable) seems like it has the same effect or worse (as many/most tourists will cancel their hotel reservation and airline reservations and that will be that). At least allowing guests the ability to cancel up to several days prior (like most other resorts) might result in people leaving their hotel and airline reservations in place as they see more cards unfold in the weeks leading up to their arrival. This is what we did in Sept - kept our reservation in place and carefully monitored the situation on the ground as our departure date drew nearer.

    Sorry to hijack this thread on daily counts. It feels to me that there will be lots of cancellations in the coming weeks as the number of positive cases in Aruba ramps (two days ago the number of tourist positives hit a level I've not seen before). So therein is the connection to this thread.
    0 0
     

  4. #14
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    https://www.bucuti.com/what-we-are-not

    The last paragraph is interesting...
    At least they are honest about who they are. Our one stay at the Bucuti was a one and done. Even today, I just don’t understand their popularity. That said, I know people just love it there and if we didn’t all have different tastes what fun would that be. Bucuti has an outstanding marketing team that sells everyone on their exclusivity. It draws people in.

    I will say that Bucuti’s owner does a lot of wonderful things for the island. He believes and supports the green initiative, implementing those practices in his hotel. He is also very supportive of the animal rescues, helping them to get the resources for spaying and neutering dogs. However, it still would make a big difference if he would relax the cancellation policy during these stressful times.

    0 2
     

  5. #15
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Peggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    At least they are honest about who they are. Our one stay at the Bucuti was a one and done. Even today, I just don’t understand their popularity. That said, I know people just love it there and if we didn’t all have different tastes what fun would that be. Bucuti has an outstanding marketing team that sells everyone on their exclusivity. It draws people in.

    I will say that Bucuti’s owner does a lot of wonderful things for the island. He believes and supports the green initiative, implementing those practices in his hotel. He is also very supportive of the animal rescues, helping them to get the resources for spaying and neutering dogs. However, it still would make a big difference if he would relax the cancellation policy during these stressful times.

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  6. #16
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Peg. After reading more about the policies, there's no way I would give them any of my hard earned money.
    0 1
     

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    All thanks for all the support. It at least makes me feel better others sympathize. Again much thanks to you all!!!
    1 0
     

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to let everyone know a happy ending to my story at least. Got a email our of nowhere from Bucuti saying I have a credit now that I can use until Spring 2023! I'm thrilled! Thanks again for all of the support everyone!
    0 1
     

  9. #19
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is wonderful that Bucuti did the right thing!!!!

    Merry Ho Ho
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Wanted to let everyone know a happy ending to my story at least. Got a email our of nowhere from Bucuti saying I have a credit now that I can use until Spring 2023! I'm thrilled! Thanks again for all of the support everyone!

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  10. #20
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    8,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Wanted to let everyone know a happy ending to my story at least. Got a email our of nowhere from Bucuti saying I have a credit now that I can use until Spring 2023! I'm thrilled! Thanks again for all of the support everyone!
    Wonderful news!! They have redeemed themselves!

    0 2
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •