This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: December 18

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

December 18

11 Residents +
    3 Non Residents +

December 18-screen-shot-2020-12-18-6-42-08-pm-jpg

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The active cases are really starting to rise again.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Can't wait to get my vaccine in the next couple of months. I miss Aruba but see the end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    when we were in Aruba, staying at the LaCabana, a few doors away from us was an Aruban husband and wife and about 15 of their nearest and dearest friends.The friends were not staying over, but did come most days at about 5 pm and spent hours at the grill and picnic tables outside of their room. this went on during our first weekend there Nov 28 til Dec 1. They were close proximity to each other and I believe that this happens regularly at the resorts and at their homes. They may keep their distance at work, but they are not practicing good social practices and following the proper protocols.

I believe that local spread is happening because of incidents like this.

they were unmasked and all having a very good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what several of my friends who live on the island have said since day one. Its all an act around the "guests" but when they leave the hotel 95% are doing as they did before. Thankfully my friends seem to be doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when we were in Aruba, staying at the LaCabana, a few doors away from us was an Aruban husband and wife and about 15 of their nearest and dearest friends.The friends were not staying over, but did come most days at about 5 pm and spent hours at the grill and picnic tables outside of their room. this went on during our first weekend there Nov 28 til Dec 1. They were close proximity to each other and I believe that this happens regularly at the resorts and at their homes. They may keep their distance at work, but they are not practicing good social practices and following the proper protocols.

I believe that local spread is happening because of incidents like this.

they were unmasked and all having a very good time.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The cases will go back up naturally. That's just the global pandemic life. The only question is how much it goes up until it comes back down. The Netherlands for instance experienced their 2nd wave and then platuead at a bad level. Now they had to lockdown because they are going through their worst spike since the pandemic began. Neighboring Curaçao had to declare a state of emergency and they have the military patrolling the streets together with police. That Aruba has managed to bring the cases down from the 2nd wave and has(up to now) maintained the cases at a very manageable level for a few months now even with open borders, says a lot about the protocols in place. The cases haven't gone up by that much though. As long as it stays under 30 new cases per day, we are okay(per the health minister).

We know from the DVG statistics that the vast majority of infections happen in the family and work environment. As far as I know that's the case in most countries. Interactions are still down something like 90% it feels though. Normally in December everyone has many different events with something happening daily. Now it's maybe one or two small events.
    Last edited by Arawak; 12-19-2020 at 12:18 AM.
    1 1