This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: December 20, 2021

  1. #1
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    December 20, 2021

    15 Residents +

    26 Non Residents +

    22% of those residents tested were positive

    Today's numbers . 38 people have recovered and 41 new infections have been detected, 15 of which among residents (local infection rate 22%). The total number of active cases now stands at 267. On average, there are 33 new cases per day with an average daily local infection rate of 18%. Here, there are seven Covid patients in the hospital, three in the ICU, and in Colombia, there are six more patients in the ICU .


    December 20, 2021-screen-shot-2021-12-20-5-04-35-pm-jpg

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    2 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here we go, the number of positive tourist beginning to ramp in a sizable way.

    I tracked the number of positive results by day for tourists from mid-July to Mid-Sept of this year (prior to our trip) and not one day during that two month period was the number of positive tourists this high. The highest daily total during that period for tourists was 20 on August 13th.

    While I am glad we made the decision to cancel our hotel reservation for next month at this point, I am sadden we had to do this. It is SO disappointing we are back at this point.
    0 2
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many people just figure they will test in destination, when they really need to at least take an antigen test prior to travel to avoid all of this. I tell ALL my clients no matter where they are traveling to, to take an antigen test whether a test is needed for the destination or not. This drives me crazy.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member NH Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    So many people just figure they will test in destination, when they really need to at least take an antigen test prior to travel to avoid all of this.
    True, but how many of the total are detected upon departure? That figure would be interesting to know.
    0 2
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow is all I can say! The number of travelers getting covid is scary considering how many people are fully vaccinated.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.







    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    True, but how many of the total are detected upon departure? That figure would be interesting to know.
    I agree, and I would also like to know what daily itinerary is. When there in October I saw so many people maskless in public- dancing, singing, and generally acting as if nothing could go wrong.

    I know so many other travel agents who have had clients go to Mexico or the DR that do not require testing, and get sick 2 days into the trip. I also know this has happened to many travelers going to Aruba who figure they will test at the airport. Luckily, none of my clients have run into this, but I know many agents who have clients get to the airport and are immediately escorted to their isolation accommodations.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I agree, and I would also like to know what daily itinerary is. When there in October I saw so many people maskless in public- dancing, singing, and generally acting as if nothing could go wrong.
    Saw the same behavior when I was there in Sept with my wife. Just amazing. Every afternoon the outdoor bar where we stayed had all seats taken around the bar (probably 20+ people shoulder to shoulder) laughing and yelling and carrying on. When we sat at the bar (not happy hour) and someone sat next to us we moved - always putting some distance between us and the person to the right or left of us. And this was an outdoor bar. Over the top? Perhaps. But we remained Covid free - no isolation for us.

    Am not as optimistic that would be the result now that Omicron is here (and despite us being fully vaccinated and boosted). Not too worried about getting really sick, but more so about getting that coveted negative test result to re-enter the US.
    0 2
     

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
    Saw the same behavior when I was there in Sept with my wife. Just amazing. Every afternoon the outdoor bar where we stayed had all seats taken around the bar (probably 20+ people shoulder to shoulder) laughing and yelling and carrying on. When we sat at the bar (not happy hour) and someone sat next to us we moved - always putting some distance between us and the person to the right or left of us. And this was an outdoor bar. Over the top? Perhaps. But we remained Covid free - no isolation for us.

    Am not as optimistic that would be the result now that Omicron is here (and despite us being fully vaccinated and boosted). Not too worried about getting really sick, but more so about getting that coveted negative test result to re-enter the US.
    Right on, sir! We canceled our January trip last night for the very reason you state. We are vaccinated, boosted and all of that, so while not afraid of getting really sick, it doesn't mean we won't test positive. The risk was just too much for us to stomach. Here's to better times ahead, hopefully!!
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are scheduled to go in June with our two teenagers, and it does worry me. I'm nowhere near wanting to cancel, but am definitely keeping an eye on things. I just turned down a trip to Negril because of rising numbers. Like you, I'm not worried about getting too sick (vaccinated and getting the booster soon), but don't want to be exposed before I head home.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •