This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 27, 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that is just terrible. I am too glad we travelled in November when things seemed still ok. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed on how Arubans handled everything, from mask requirements everywhere (and locals adhering to them) to hand sanitizers (the one at superfoods was so convenient), clear rules everywhere, in restaurants etc. I was not impressed with fellow tourists, especially the one time we ventured to the Palm Beach area. Hoping this will be behind us soon and that hospitalizations and serious cases will not follow.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, shocking! I am hoping Omicron burns itself out quickly. They said they thought it would peak mid-January. I hope it is going to go down soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are triple vaxed and are still going to Aruba on January 7. We will be staying until the end of February so we aren't concerned about quick testing for our return flight. Everyone should take comfort from the very small number of hospitalizations. I might get covid if I stay home or I might get it going to Aruba. After two years of this stuff I am not going to let it control my life.
    1 5

Post Thanks / Like
    As of last evening, CDC shortens recommended isolation, quarantin period for covid-19 infected patients. The CDC recommen to quarantine for just 5 days if asymptotic. I assume this applies to people testing positive in Aruba and trying to get home? A small step in the right direction.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan r View Post
    As of last evening, CDC shortens recommended isolation, quarantine period for covid-19 infected patients. The CDC recommends to quarantine for just 5 days if asymptotic. I assume this applies to people testing positive in Aruba and trying to get home? A small step in the right direction.
    That is a good question.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    We are triple vaxed and are still going to Aruba on January 7. We will be staying until the end of February so we aren't concerned about quick testing for our return flight. Everyone should take comfort from the very small number of hospitalizations. I might get covid if I stay home or I might get it going to Aruba. After two years of this stuff I am not going to let it control my life.
    Hear here! We're in the same boat and will be on The Rock as usual mid-Feb through first week in March. We're not letting the Covid rule what, how or when we do what we want to do. Good on you Mohair.
    0 1