This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 28, 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    As Aruba has now stopped testing upon arrival we will soon have a better picture of the number of tourists who are testing positive at departure. Today’s numbers are disturbing.
    My grandchildren just tested positive today. As it turns out their babysitter (who fancies calling herself a nanny) is unvaccinated and has Covid. Unfortunately my son and daughter-in-law think she’s Mary Poppins. I’ll hold my tongue on my opinion.
    Thankfully this strain isn’t like the others. The babies and parents have mild cold like symptoms. My son had coronavirus in August 2019. He was deathly ill. It was scary. This past July they had to cancel joining us in Aruba because he tested positive before leaving. He and my daughter-in-law are fully vaccinated so why they allow this babysitter near the kids beats the heck out of me. Hopefully now they’ll insist she gets vaccinated.

Sorry to hear this news, but being vaccinated has little to do with keeping a person from contracting or spreading a variation of COVID, as all of our available vaccines have shown not close to being 100% effective. People with breakthrough infections (vaccinated individuals that are symptomatic or asymptomatic) are just as infectious as unvaccinated people in the early stage of their infection.

Over the course of the last 6 months, we have learned that our current vaccines simply assist in the possible prevention of serious illness and hospitalization (which is a positive thing). In other words, vaccines are a tool, not a solution. There also seems to be a lucky bunch of people out there that have natural immunities, but sadly, we all need to understand this virus is not going away until the general population achieves herd immunity or we develop a vaccine that is 100% effective. The numbers, while some call it disturbing, are a reality and there is no stopping it. The fact being, for many/most of us, you have or will contract this virus at some point.

Thankfully, with our current vaccines, current available therapeutics and new experimentals on their way, serious illness from the virus will become reduced or minimized. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but the road will be bumpy. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for factual direction, advice or help, I suggest talking to your doctor directly. Do not get your advice and direction from mainstream news, from politicians, from the internet, etc. Real pandemics do not need a constant marketing campaign & propaganda from all these sources. Only psychological operations do. Live life, be smart & responsible and be safe everyone.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Just left my doctor this morning. He, like me, is disturbed that the babysitter isn’t vaccinated
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 55greenchevy View Post
    Sorry to hear this news, but being vaccinated has little to do with keeping a person from contracting or spreading a variation of COVID, as all of our available vaccines have shown not close to being 100% effective. People with breakthrough infections (vaccinated individuals that are symptomatic or asymptomatic) are just as infectious as unvaccinated people in the early stage of their infection.

Over the course of the last 6 months, we have learned that our current vaccines simply assist in the possible prevention of serious illness and hospitalization (which is a positive thing). In other words, vaccines are a tool, not a solution. There also seems to be a lucky bunch of people out there that have natural immunities, but sadly, we all need to understand this virus is not going away until the general population achieves herd immunity or we develop a vaccine that is 100% effective. The numbers, while some call it disturbing, are a reality and there is no stopping it. The fact being, for many/most of us, you have or will contract this virus at some point.

Thankfully, with our current vaccines, current available therapeutics and new experimentals on their way, serious illness from the virus will become reduced or minimized. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but the road will be bumpy. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for factual direction, advice or help, I suggest talking to your doctor directly. Do not get your advice and direction from mainstream news, from politicians, from the internet, etc. Real pandemics do not need a constant marketing campaign & propaganda from all these sources. Only psychological operations do. Live life, be smart & responsible and be safe everyone.
    Great advise to start checking in with your doctor. I went for my booster and since I had the J&J in April I was told that it would be better to get a Moderna or Pfizer shot. I had read that advise online but I checked with my doctor. He said no I want you to get a booster of the original shot you had since you tolerated it well and on account of my health issues. So I followed his advise. My Mom's doctor said the same for her to get her a booster of what she originally was given.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m boostered too. I was given the Moderna and stayed with it for all of my shots. Worked well for me! I stay far away from the internet experts. My trusted doctor is my expert. And, if he doesn’t have the answer he knows where to find the real experts.
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 01-06-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I had Pfizer and unfortunately ,I was one in a million that had complications. My immune system started attacking my healthy body. After countless Drs ,scans, test and large amount of bloodwork this was determined. My PC dr told me at my October physical not to get a booster until he tells me too. I trust him . Im happy I had the 2 shots even though I was sick for the last 8 months. Luckly, I started feeling better when I was in Aruba at end of October.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by almaringola View Post
    I had Pfizer and unfortunately ,I was one in a million that had complications. My immune system started attacking my healthy body. After countless Drs ,scans, test and large amount of bloodwork this was determined. My PC dr told me at my October physical not to get a booster until he tells me too. I trust him . Im happy I had the 2 shots even though I was sick for the last 8 months. Luckly, I started feeling better when I was in Aruba at end of October.
    That's terrible what you went through. Aruba does seem to have healing qualities.
    0 0