This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 29

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

December 29

Horrible

46 Residents +
    4 Non residents +

December 29-screen-shot-2020-12-29-2-19-00-pm-jpg

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch!!!

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not good. People just don't get not gathering.

Post Thanks / Like
    They just don't get it of maybe don't care
    Very sad
    Andrea as always then for keeping us updated
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    People just don't care in general. Look at our country ,very sad. Wear your mask , wash your hands, stop the 10+ gatherings... Its simple... Hopefully in the next few months we can add ,go get ur shot.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As expected really for this time of year. We were lucky enough to have minimal restrictions compared to other countries and were able to enjoy a fairly "normal" December all things considered. Especially compared to the other countries in our kingdom namely Curaçao and the Netherlands. I'm sure the government hoped that we could hold it just a little longer so that the restrictions could be imposed right after new years, but the rise in cases since about 1 week or more ago already made it necessary to implement the measures now. Otherwise we'll get the same situation as during our 2nd wave. I would've implemented new measures 4 or 5 days ago already because by then it was already obvious that the positivity rate was way way too high. People just don't go get tested during this period as they would during the rest of the year. If you get 30 cases in a day with a positivity rate of 30% like has been the case over the past week, then you know there are tens of cases daily you are not catching. Resulting very quickly in subsequent days where you might get even over a hundred new cases daily to catch up with what you've been missing previously by not testing enough.

Hospital is fairly empty at the moment so hopefully they've done enough at the appropriate time so we don't go back to how it was 3 or 4 months ago.
    Last edited by Arawak; 12-29-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad I got to go in December when positivity rate was around 10%. I'm hoping to go in May so I hope after all the New Years celebrations, the vaccine that the numbers will go way down again.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone should wear a mask, but it isn't the best way to stop the spread. Keep you distance! I have seen so many people wearing masks who stand right next to someone else with a mask. Droplets can easily pass into or through your mask. I'm sure that among the thousands who die every day there are diligent mask wearers.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people are not wearing their mask properly either.. must cover your the bridge of your nose.
    I bought the best face shield on amazon they are like glasses... and fog proof and glare proof..
    you actually forget you have them on..
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Some people are not wearing their mask properly either.. must cover your the bridge of your nose.
    I bought the best face shield on amazon they are like glasses... and fog proof and glare proof..
    you actually forget you have them on..
    Cathy, can you provide a link to that face shield?

1 0