This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying into Aruba from a HIGH RISK Country

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all. I have a question. We are planning to flight this Saturday and there is no way to obtain results within 48 hours in NYC area. Even 72 hours in doubts.
    does anyone have experienced with this matter and is there any exceptions by Aruba Health Department? Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Hello all. I have a question. We are planning to flight this Saturday and there is no way to obtain results within 48 hours in NYC area. Even 72 hours in doubts.
    does anyone have experienced with this matter and is there any exceptions by Aruba Health Department? Thank you.
    There is no exception, unfortunately. I would check areas within driving distance of your location. I know I have several stand alone labs, emergency rooms and urgent cares that will do a rapid PCR for a price. Turn around time is anywhere from 30 min to 10 hours
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    There is no exception, unfortunately. I would check areas within driving distance of your location. I know I have several stand alone labs, emergency rooms and urgent cares that will do a rapid PCR for a price. Turn around time is anywhere from 30 min to 10 hours
    thank you very much for reply. Unfortunately rapid test results are not acceptable by Aruban health

Post Thanks / Like
    I expect our holiday will have to be delayed once again. It's annoying. Three vaccinations, never had covid and still we are in a scenario where we could lose many thousands £ and of course Aruba loses business.

Here in the UK you just cannot get a rapid PCR test unless you are in London (hundreds of miles away)
    what is best in life ?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you very much for reply. Unfortunately rapid test results are not acceptable by Aruban health
    They do accept the rapid PCR tests, just not the antigen tests. Hopefully this will help. You can also so Vault Health home test, but I don't know if they are backed up at the moment or not.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have a Walgreens their red dot PCR test is accepted in AUA
    results in just a few hrs

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You can purchase a rapid PCR at an urgent care center or lab which is accepted for entry into Aruba. Expect to pay around $200 to $250 for each one (that's what they were charging when I looked back in November).

If you can get a test from Walgreens that would be much cheaper (possibly zero cost). The question is whether you can get into their system and schedule one when you need it. I had them cancel two tests on me the week of Thanksgiving when they ran out of tests despite being confirmed in their system for those days.

What I would suggest is you schedule the urgent care or lab test for late Thursday and try to schedule Walgreens test for early Thursday. If you get the Walgreens test done, then cancel the other urgent care or lab one.

It stinks to have to do all this hoop jumping just to go on vacation.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all . We will try all methods. Please stay safe and healthy

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found this article on yahoo news. While it doesn't involve traveling into Aruba from a high risk country, it does just the opposite. The CDC has added Aruba to its highest travel warning advisory this week.

CDC Says to 'Avoid' Aruba As Other Caribbean Islands Update Travel Protocols (yahoo.com)
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are rated the same as the USA.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0