This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I should be there now

Post Thanks / Like

I should be there now

First and foremost I hope everyone and their families are doing well - stay safe - stay healthy

We should be in Aruba this week but had to cancel because of this craziness. I just saw cases up in Aruba from CDC website. I wish we can just fast forward a year and get back to some normalcy already. Things on the rise here in NJ again. Ugghh

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...vel-single-001
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    aruba seems to be doing a pretty good job of keeping everyone safe and making headway at making the numbers decrease.

we leave for aruba Thursday.........prayers and fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    First and foremost I hope everyone and their families are doing well - stay safe - stay healthy

We should be in Aruba this week but had to cancel because of this craziness. I just saw cases up in Aruba from CDC website. I wish we can just fast forward a year and get back to some normalcy already. Things on the rise here in NJ again. Ugghh

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...vel-single-001

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy and safe travels. Hopefully we go in spring.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are in NJ too and the numbers in the county were really good-under 10 new cases a day. Now they are 35-55 a day. Aruba seems safer-just 19 more days until we are there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not afraid of traveling I'm afraid of god forbid something happening while I am there, I wouldn't want to be stuck out of the country I would want to be home close to my family. Just my opinion. Been looking at flights to Aruba and seems like they have been empty. Stay safe!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There was an uptick in Aruba last Friday 29% positivity rate. So far Sat & Sun numbers are in the 10% to 13% range back to their average.

Some changes reported on aruba travel.com:

As of tomorrow November 24, some measures related to COVID-19 protocols will be eased.
    The limitation of 4 persons per table will be increased to a group maximum of 14 persons (inside seating) and 20 persons (outside seating). The bans on persons being seated at a bar as well as on dancing remain in effect. Furthermore, family visits will be unrestricted as long as rules of social distancing, use of masks etc. are adhered to.
    As regards entertainment, the previous limitation of a maximum of 3 performers (musicians, singers etc.) at once in an inside venue has been increased to 5 performers. As regards outside performances (for example for traditional Christmas ‘gaita‘ performances) larger groups of musicians and singers will be permitted as long as rules of social distancing, use of masks etc. (where feasible) are adhered to.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Not afraid of traveling I'm afraid of god forbid something happening while I am there, I wouldn't want to be stuck out of the country I would want to be home close to my family. Just my opinion. Been looking at flights to Aruba and seems like they have been empty. Stay safe!
    We haven't done a lot here at home-we have been out to eat since March. We may do the same things in Aruba that we do here, but it will be a lot warmer and can go outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this on my Facebook page today but I feel like it is appropriate here too. I have never been so unsure of a vacation in my life. We are going and we are going to make the best of it. And I am going to post pictures and thoughts so I can have the memories to look back on. I don't know if its right or wrong. I know we have planned it out to be very cautious and stay to ourselves. I know we are going to a place where its reported that people wear masks and respect rules because its the right thing to do and its not a political issue. I know when we come home we will stay to ourselves until we know its safe for others. We've prepared, we tested today and are waiting for the results to make sure we are clear. I am nervous about this virus. I've seen friends going through some of their worst days because of it. I'm posting this because even though you will see photos and posts from me, please know I am not taking this lightly. Please be safe this holiday, protect yourselves and your families. I'm not perfect, I've taken risks I shouldn't have during the pandemic, and I know this is probably another one.
    2 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been travelling for work since June. I've seen first hand the precautions the hotels, rental cars and airlines are taking to make sure the aircraft/cars/rooms are as sanitized as they can be. It's a very personal choice to travel or not at this time, whatever your comfort zone can handle. But we're going and we will abide by all of the rules and have a great time. 4 days and a wake-up!

0 4

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ever feel the need to justify your personal decisions. You've thought long and hard on this. You've weighed the pros, cons, and risks and have taken all the right steps. Of course you will be responsible. Put your worries behind you and enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I posted this on my Facebook page today but I feel like it is appropriate here too. I have never been so unsure of a vacation in my life. We are going and we are going to make the best of it. And I am going to post pictures and thoughts so I can have the memories to look back on. I don't know if its right or wrong. I know we have planned it out to be very cautious and stay to ourselves. I know we are going to a place where its reported that people wear masks and respect rules because its the right thing to do and its not a political issue. I know when we come home we will stay to ourselves until we know its safe for others. We've prepared, we tested today and are waiting for the results to make sure we are clear. I am nervous about this virus. I've seen friends going through some of their worst days because of it. I'm posting this because even though you will see photos and posts from me, please know I am not taking this lightly. Please be safe this holiday, protect yourselves and your families. I'm not perfect, I've taken risks I shouldn't have during the pandemic, and I know this is probably another one.

1 4