This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January 21, 2021...Upcoming new travel rules for flying INTO USA from international

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

January 21, 2021...Upcoming new travel rules for flying INTO USA from international

President Biden made an announcement today

All travelers coming IN to the USA, MUST provide negative Covid 19 test b4 they board the plane AND then when arriving into the USA quarantine.

This will make travel home from Aruba more difficult for those that work outside the home
    https://thepointsguy.com/news/breaki...9-D4C74744363C

Please if anyone has more information, please post.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    What's next proof that you took the vaccine in order to travel? Might be a good requirement though for cruises where it's difficult to social distance with all the activities onboard from shows, indoor rest, bars etc.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If this happens looks like we won't be going to Aruba soon.
    Don't think there will be cruises for a real long time either
    Guess road trips?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's going to get very quiet here.

I hope that by the time we leave in 2 months the 14 day will go away. Then again, I wonder how and if they will enforce it. The numbers in Aruba are better than the numbers in the US and in my area.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I posted my true feelings right now I would be banned. *&^%$$#%^ come on! If I have to cancel another trip I am going to lose my mind! Think I am going regardless at this point for my mental sanity.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is still in motion right now. Biden's EO instructed the CDC and other government agencies to reassess their travel guidelines (including possible quarantine rules) within the next14 days. At that point he will follow their guidelines and issue another EO making them a requirement.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A mandatory quarantine would be very extreme and impossible to control unless they tap everyones phone through GPS. Afaik in the majority of western countries its strongly advised and the ones who do require it its 10 days or less(usually 7).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a negative test result before returning to the U.S. I don't understand the point of having to quarantine.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what the article says and what President Biden said as well:

In a news conference this afternoon, Biden said, “We are going to take steps necessary to slow the spread of the disease now.”
    He called wearing a mask a “patriotic duty,” and said masks would be required on all trains, planes and buses.
    The president says anyone coming into the United States by air “will need to test before they get onto that plane before they depart and quarantine when they arrive in America.”
    Final details of the quarantine requirement for air travel are still being worked on, and will be crafted based on recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services, the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
    Biden is asking these agencies to submit their recommendations on quarantine length — as well as the type and timing of acceptable testing for travel — to his administration within 14 days.
    The Biden administration is also specifically asking the agencies to consider and make recommendations on issues like possible testing fraud, and how to handle entry for passengers traveling from countries where tests may not be readily available.
    For travelers arriving to the U.S. by land, a similar recommendation process will include the departments of Homeland Security and Transportation. Recommendations for sea travel will be made, in part, by the Coast Guard.
    The executive order also lays the groundwork for the creation of “vaccine passports,” which passengers can use as proof of vaccination when they’re ready to travel, including a digital version of the passports.
    Today’s announcements add to a previous policy from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced on Jan. 12 that all passengers arriving in the United States would be required to have a negative COVID-19 test in order to board their flights beginning Jan. 26.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ex:
    you could be tested today and be NEGATIVE.
    you can get on a plane today knowing you are Negative.

you get home and 3 days later are in full blown Covid 19.
    there is an incubation period and you can test negative one day, become exposed the next day and ill 2 days after that.
    some incubation periods can last up to 14 days

that is why an incubation period quarantine is important/warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    If you have a negative test result before returning to the U.S. I don't understand the point of having to quarantine.

2 0