This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January 5, 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    To add my own anecdotal evidence (no, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, though I kinda wish I had) of vaccines doing their jobs: my husband is not vaccinated (as I have mentioned) and I am. He currently has covid. Has been sick since 12/27. I also currently have covid because his mother taught him to share. I had to take him to the ER on Monday night and he was diagnosed with pneumonia. They gave him the monoclonal antibody treatment for all this. ER doc thinks he has the delta variant because of the severity of his symptoms and said omicron would not have done that, even in the unvaccinated. We almost had to go back to the ER again today because he is still not all that much better. I, on the other hand, have what amounts to a gross head cold and no taste or smell. I do not have pneumonia. I was not in the ER. I am not vax shaming everyone, but you can bet your sweet patooty I am vax shaming my husband right now. Worst part? THIS HAS NOT CHANGED HIS MIND. Gah!!! Ok, rant over now.

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    To add my own anecdotal evidence (no, I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, though I kinda wish I had) of vaccines doing their jobs: my husband is not vaccinated (as I have mentioned) and I am. He currently has covid. Has been sick since 12/27. I also currently have covid because his mother taught him to share. I had to take him to the ER on Monday night and he was diagnosed with pneumonia. They gave him the monoclonal antibody treatment for all this. ER doc thinks he has the delta variant because of the severity of his symptoms and said omicron would not have done that, even in the unvaccinated. We almost had to go back to the ER again today because he is still not all that much better. I, on the other hand, have what amounts to a gross head cold and no taste or smell. I do not have pneumonia. I was not in the ER. I am not vax shaming everyone, but you can bet your sweet patooty I am vax shaming my husband right now. Worst part? THIS HAS NOT CHANGED HIS MIND. Gah!!! Ok, rant over now.
    So sorry to hear that you are both dealing with COVID. I can imagine your frustration over the whole vaccination thing. He was fortunate to be able to get the monoclonal treatment! Hope you’re both better soon!!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well your mother in law did a lousy job!!

Feel better and I am so sorry that you both have Covid.

I hate Vax shaming, but ya know it is what it is.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    So sorry to hear that you are both dealing with COVID. I can imagine your frustration over the whole vaccination thing. He was fortunate to be able to get the monoclonal treatment! Hope you’re both better soon!!
    He was VERY fortunate to get that treatment and I guarantee that I will be constantly reminding him of that too.

As for my frustration... well, what I have been thinking and saying in my head during all of this is not fit for this public forum. Most sailors got nuthin' on me right now...

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Well your mother in law did a lousy job!!

Feel better and I am so sorry that you both have Covid.

I hate Vax shaming, but ya know it is what it is.
    She did! I need to speak to her about this!! I am typically not a "shamer" either, but in this case...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    He was VERY fortunate to get that treatment and I guarantee that I will be constantly reminding him of that too.

As for my frustration... well, what I have been thinking and saying in my head during all of this is not fit for this public forum. Most sailors got nuthin' on me right now...
    So sorry you are dealing with this. Usually even anti vaxers when they get COVID badly agree to get the vaccine when eligible. I could imagine how frustrating this is for you having different views in the same household. Hope your husband gets better soon!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like

We are sorry to here about your illness and wishing a quick recovery.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Phrogg, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and you. You have "I told you so" 's for life.
    0 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thing is getting everybody everywhere. My friend’s one year old has tested positive. Baby and unvaxxed mom had been sick for about 10 days before getting tested, and still have bad symptoms.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    so that is a good thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Phrogg, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and you. You have "I told you so" 's for life.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1