This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 7, 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    We should see a rapid drop soon based on the number of visitors. The Ritz for instance was close to full for weeks and now will be 30 percent starting next week.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well said and totally agree. So happy for you that you made that trip without major stress of possibly testing positive! You were just in time! Just maybe if the crowds currently fleeing to Aruba (no matter what the conditions) would postpone a couple of months it may help stop the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    agree colette m

I believe it is the fault of no one/everyone.

we all need to do what we can to prevent the spread.

when we were at LaCabana first 2 weeks of Dec, the masking was taken very seriously.
    we saw numerous folks being reminded.......often.
    we saw and used the and sanitizers and they were filled when needed filling.

volume..............it is all about the volume of bodies. too many, too incautious, too close, too discouraged, too angry, too much in denial, and sadly yes too stupid.

we are now 8 days past the holiday celebration period.

I am hoping the peak in aruba and here in florida is hit by Friday 15th and then we watch the steep decline.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I also think the Aruba employees are doing their part. I texted my friend who works for the GM at the Marriott. She said she and many colleagues had their boosters and are taking this very seriously. I truly believe proof of vaccination/booster should be mandatory to enter Aruba like it or not. I hope that happens. It may not help this variant but at the very least will prevent serious illness requiring hospitalization.
    0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really an unsettled time everywhere. As I have said before I absolutely would not get on a domestic flight right now...plus nowhere to go in USA that is safe. I was in NH in December...didn't go anywhere except to scheduled appointments and grocery store twice. No mask mandate....surprised at the 'old' people in Grocery store unmaksed. Wanted to get together with family twice on holiday....we tested each morning the day before and the day of...all was good and we met for brief times. While not a guarantee, everyone on plane to Aruba (no stop flight) had tested within 2 days. All that being said...I am fortunate to have my own home on the island so not concerned about missing out on a resort vacation, nor where to quarantine. Here we can at least get outside. Our hope is the same as your's...may things settle down sooner rather than later....everywhere!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I’ve seen the drop in visitors this week.

QUOTE=Aruba4ever;385552]We should see a rapid drop soon based on the number of visitors. The Ritz for instance was close to full for weeks and now will be 30 percent starting next week.[/QUOTE]
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    I also think the Aruba employees are doing their part. I texted my friend who works for the GM at the Marriott. She said she and many colleagues had their boosters and are taking this very seriously. I truly believe proof of vaccination/booster should be mandatory to enter Aruba like it or not. I hope that happens. It may not help this variant but at the very least will prevent serious illness requiring hospitalization.
    I agree. I wish Aruba would follow the cruise industry and require everyone to be vaccinnated and then only an antigen test to travel.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Okay these are back to a total mess when you look at the giant jump in Hospital numbers. There are now 24 when there was only 10 about a week ago is a giant spike. Not good at all.
    The number of hospitalization is actually not bad at all. We are very far from capacity and ICU's, which need more specialized personnel of which there are less, are not filling up like the previous waves. Meaning, there is more personnel available that could help out in the general hospital population. This is also the reason why the government hasn't imposed any real harsh measures. This can change of course, but for now it's looking like we have hit the peak of active cases.

Additionally, this wave has nothing to do with preventative measures, or lack thereof. In the Netherlands, they are in a total lockdown. Everything is closed bar the essentials. Yet, even there, cases are spiking. It's an illusion to believe that Omicron can be contained with precautions. This strain has one of, if not the fastest rate of transmission of any virus known to man.

Should also be noted that tourists have a higher grade of vaccination than almost any country in the world. So, the effects of mandating vaccinations is too limited to even bother as it won't have much of an effect in overal numbers as the virus is already everywhere.
    Last edited by Arawak; 01-08-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am just going to chime in here because I am on Aruba, and I can see a lot of things better than the people sitting in the US. So the numbers are spiking here. But just look at the US! They are spiking the same, or even more. So I really don't think its fair to slam Aruba. Arabians just don't do and think like we do in the US. But they are really working hard to get this under control. They rely on tourist. So why wouldn't they want to get this virus under control so they can keep their jobs. And to keep spraying everything down, is a lot of extra work for them. So they really don't want this to stick around. So please keep in mind, that when you see the Arabian covid numbers, check out what the numbers are doing in your State or Town, and then maybe it won't be so shocking to you. As I have said before, I will stay in Aruba and feel a lot more comfortable, than I do in the States. And when you had to stay 14 days if you tested pos, that was a BIG DEAL, but now its 5 days. That's a Big Game changer for me. Its not the end of the world. But everyone has their own opinions, so this is just my point of view. I am not saying this is the way it is. But just another way to look at it.
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Well I am just going to chime in here because I am on Aruba, and I can see a lot of things better than the people sitting in the US. So the numbers are spiking here. But just look at the US! They are spiking the same, or even more. So I really don't think its fair to slam Aruba. Arabians just don't do and think like we do in the US. But they are really working hard to get this under control. They rely on tourist. So why wouldn't they want to get this virus under control so they can keep their jobs. And to keep spraying everything down, is a lot of extra work for them. So they really don't want this to stick around. So please keep in mind, that when you see the Arabian covid numbers, check out what the numbers are doing in your State or Town, and then maybe it won't be so shocking to you. As I have said before, I will stay in Aruba and feel a lot more comfortable, than I do in the States. And when you had to stay 14 days if you tested pos, that was a BIG DEAL, but now its 5 days. That's a Big Game changer for me. Its not the end of the world. But everyone has their own opinions, so this is just my point of view. I am not saying this is the way it is. But just another way to look at it.
    I agree. Aruba needs the tourists and are always so welcoming. I feel bad this is hurting their economy. When we were in Aruba the beginning of 2021 we only experienced wonderful resort staff and restaurant servers, that went out of their way to make us feel safe and welcomed. We hope to get back to the island in the next couple weeks.
    0 0