This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Jet Blue Update On Covid Measures

  1. #1
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,954
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jet Blue Update On Covid Measures

    Jet Blue has updated their policy of blocking middle seat until October 15th. This is a deal breaker for me on traveling to Aruba next month. Mask or no Mask I don't want to sit next to anyone and increase my risk. Next I have to see if I can get the covid results within 12 hours as I don't want to be tested at Aruba airport. They are testing at Urgent Care Center near me but they do not control when the results are available it's up to the labs they use. I was told range is from 3-7 days. We shall see..




    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace,

    Keep an eye out in case they drop the prices on Mint!

    Edit: Looks like Jetblue is keeping middle seats blocked through October 15.

    Per Jet Blue website:
    Blocking middle seats on larger aircraft and aisle seats on smaller aircraft for those not traveling together (through October 15)

    We are limiting the number of seats for sale on JetBlue flights, allowing us to provide additional space between individuals who are not traveling together. Middle seats are blocked for purchase on our larger aircraft, and most aisle seats are blocked for purchase on our smaller aircraft. Our crewmembers are proactively reviewing seat assignments to help ensure as much personal space as possible. In addition, we are creating buffer zones around all inflight crewmember jumpseats, to allow for added crewmember and customer safety.




    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Jet Blue has updated their policy of blocking middle seat until October 15th. This is a deal breaker for me on traveling to Aruba next month. Mask or no Mask I don't want to sit next to anyone and increase my risk. Next I have to see if I can get the covid results within 12 hours as I don't want to be tested at Aruba airport. They are testing at Urgent Care Center near me but they do not control when the results are available it's up to the labs they use. I was told range is from 3-7 days. We shall see..
    Last edited by B Likes To Travel; 08-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.


    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ace, I am puzzled. JB is blocking middle seats through Oct 15. Do you want someone to sit in middle seat right next to you? As to Mint...i love it...but have noticed that flights from BOS not offering Mint recently. But also flights are not full and if possible they are putting people in rows by themselves.
    0 1
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Ace, I am puzzled. JB is blocking middle seats through Oct 15. Do you want someone to sit in middle seat right next to you? As to Mint...i love it...but have noticed that flights from BOS not offering Mint recently. But also flights are not full and if possible they are putting people in rows by themselves.
    No I don't want to sit next to anyone. I usually chose the Aisle seat when traveling alone. I have a flight in September with the aisle seat but someone was in the middle seat when I checked yesterday so maybe they will move them to the window seat. I prefer Mint because I can choose a single row mint seat but they don't have mint service for September. They do have it for a December trip I was planning so maybe I will cancel September and go Mint in December. Putting people in rows by themselves sounds better to me!




    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they'll start moving people around to accommodate the empty middle seat.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    No I don't want to sit next to anyone. I usually chose the Aisle seat when traveling alone. I have a flight in September with the aisle seat but someone was in the middle seat when I checked yesterday so maybe they will move them to the window seat. I prefer Mint because I can choose a single row mint seat but they don't have mint service for September. They do have it for a December trip I was planning so maybe I will cancel September and go Mint in December. Putting people in rows by themselves sounds better to me!


    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I think they'll start moving people around to accommodate the empty middle seat.
    They just mentioned in the news today that Jet Blue is banning certain types of mask. Not sure which ones but I sure did enjoy my Bourbon with Coconut water. LOL




    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    5,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    No I don't want to sit next to anyone. I usually chose the Aisle seat when traveling alone. I have a flight in September with the aisle seat but someone was in the middle seat when I checked yesterday so maybe they will move them to the window seat. I prefer Mint because I can choose a single row mint seat but they don't have mint service for September. They do have it for a December trip I was planning so maybe I will cancel September and go Mint in December. Putting people in rows by themselves sounds better to me!
    Ace, please be careful when deciding your options. Aruba will be there when all of this is over or at least contained. We're all ready to travel, but be cautious brother.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    They just mentioned in the news today that Jet Blue is banning certain types of mask. Not sure which ones but I sure did enjoy my Bourbon with Coconut water. LOL

    From JB website

    Effective August 10, all travelers over 2 years of age must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth throughout their journey, including during check-in, boarding, while in flight and deplaning. Masks with vents or exhalation valves are not permitted. Plastic face shields may be worn in addition to a face covering but not in place of one. Customers with conditions that prevent them from wearing a face covering should postpone travel until this temporary requirement is no longer in place.
    1 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Ace, please be careful when deciding your options. Aruba will be there when all of this is over or at least contained. We're all ready to travel, but be cautious brother.
    Thanks Walt. I decided not to go in September. I am going to wait if there is another lock down before I officially cancel but decided not to go. You are right we have many years of Aruba travel to look forward to in the future and some group get togethers for refreshments.. Thanks Brother..




    0 2
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so relieved you've decided to cancel, Ace. I was secretly hoping you would but know how very disappointing it is having cancelled my own September trip a few weeks ago. I just keep thinking how wonderful it's going to be when we can all go to our favorite place safely and stress free! Aruba will be there and they know we'll be there!!
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •