This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: June 4, 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

June 4, 2021

11 Residents +
    4 Non Residents +

8% of the residents tested were positive

June 4, 2021-screen-shot-2021-06-04-5-00-05-pm-jpg
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks as always for these updates! Really appreciate it. Good to see at least numbers are stable last few days versus trending upwards. Hopefully some downward trending for next week.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my goal is to end these updates on June 30

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Thanks as always for these updates! Really appreciate it. Good to see at least numbers are stable last few days versus trending upwards. Hopefully some downward trending for next week.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The number of positive cases is actually trending upwards for the last 2 or 3 days now, but at very low levels compared to what we've seen over the last year, so people aren't noticing or alarmed by it. Hopefully its starts trending back down. We should be very cautious because we removed many measures, campaigning is going hard in the neighborhoods and some even organizing rallies, meanwhile we are still reasonably far from herd immunity. Currently we only sit on 61%. I say "only", because we could've reached it a month ago already if it didn't take so long convincing the rest of the population.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawak View Post
    Currently we only sit on 61%. I say "only", because we could've reached it a month ago already if it didn't take so long convincing the rest of the population.
    Has there been significant vaccination hesitation?
    Last edited by ArubaFan22; 06-05-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaFan22 View Post
    Has there been significant vaccination hesitation?
    Kind of the same we see elsewhere where the graph is starting to plateau. We got to 50% vaccinated in only about 1 months time, but the last 11% went at a much slower pace. Same thing happened in Israel where they've seemingly been stuck at around the 61-63% mark since the beginning of April. In the US you can also see the plateau emerging already.

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&pickerSort=desc&pick erMetric=total_vaccinations&Metric=People+vaccinat ed&Interval=Cumulative&Relative+to+Population=true &Align+outbreaks=false&country=BRA~CAN~FRA~DEU~ISR ~MNG~GBR~USA~ABW~CUW~SXM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife works in healthcare in wisconsin and has been screening patients coming in for the last 5 months. Her facility is now cutting back hours on covid shots and closing some locations where it is available because of lack of new people coming in. We are in the 50%-60% range, and i think getting to even 70% vaccinated will be a challenge. I was vaccinated months ago, but I understand the hesitation of some. Especially those who are younger and have had covid and have the immunity, which studies now suggest that the immunity could be with you for decades. What are the effects of a immunization shot when you already have the antibodies, no answer for that yet. Aruba and our state have been talking about herd immunity in the 80% + range, I would like to see that soon, but not very confident it will happen.
    0 0