This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 5, 2021

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

June 5, 2021

7 Residents +

2 NonResidents +

7% of those residents tested were positive

June 5, 2021-screen-shot-2021-06-05-5-50-02-pm-jpg
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately Royal Caribbean has buckled and will allow passengers who have not been vaccinated. This will bear watching.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Those disembarking in Aruba from cruise ships will still fall under the Aruba rules of needing to be tested, right? Just like those of us flying into Aruba....
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no I believe they do not.
    I read and I don't know where........that visitors to the island staying less than 24 hrs are exempt.

if I can find the source I will put it here.

Quote Originally Posted by rern73 View Post
    Those disembarking in Aruba from cruise ships will still fall under the Aruba rules of needing to be tested, right? Just like those of us flying into Aruba....

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, I read the same thing....might have been on this site that lists requirements. Would have been way back when they started the testing to enter protocol.
    Again, cruise industry does not contribute a high percentage to the Aruba economy (according to a publication by an economist). I hope Aruba examines this very carefully. Tourists have choices now and if the covid numbers rise in Aruba (even into the 20 or 30 new cases a day) people are apt to go elsewhere. That number of cases may indicate community spread...why take a chance?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annf View Post
    Again, cruise industry does not contribute a high percentage to the Aruba economy (according to a publication by an economist). I hope Aruba examines this very carefully. Tourists have choices now and if the covid numbers rise in Aruba (even into the 20 or 30 new cases a day) people are apt to go elsewhere. That number of cases may indicate community spread...why take a chance?
    Couldn't say it better! And believe I've been watching numbers like crazy and sadly if they get out of hand I'll likely cancel July trip
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to see no restrictions and at least allowing cruise tourists to come back without testing. Can't wait till the US & Aruba testing requirement goes away. I was there in February with 5 other people and the testing was very easy in Aruba, ( not so much in the US), but at the same time very stressful as there was much uncertainty if you tested positive before leaving or to get back.
    I would have been back at least twice since for long weekends were it not for the testing issues. With the vaccination rates being up and better treatment options for patients I personally feel it's time to fully open, but that's just me.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Arubadog!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I echo what Walt says!
    Welcome to the posting side.
    Quote Originally Posted by arubadog View Post
    So glad to see no restrictions and at least allowing cruise tourists to come back without testing. Can't wait till the US & Aruba testing requirement goes away. I was there in February with 5 other people and the testing was very easy in Aruba, ( not so much in the US), but at the same time very stressful as there was much uncertainty if you tested positive before leaving or to get back.
    I would have been back at least twice since for long weekends were it not for the testing issues. With the vaccination rates being up and better treatment options for patients I personally feel it's time to fully open, but that's just me.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto from me! Welcome to the Forum, Arubadog! I selfishly agree with you on the testing. I'm really hoping it's waived before my trip in August (but also don't want Aruba to compromise its safety just because it would make things easier!).

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I echo what Walt says!
    Welcome to the posting side.
    0 0