This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: last update july 24, why no changes to requirements?

Post Thanks / Like

last update july 24, why no changes to requirements?

i think it's interesting that the covid testing and other requirements haven't been up dated for about 6 weeks, since july 24. obviously there have been tons of changes in the numbers from the "hot" states. i hope they do some refiguring and make some changes soon. is the testing and insurance a big money maker for the government? I would think they would make more if more people were visiting the island.

todd
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    contact support@aruba.com if you'd like your options to be known to those that update that page.

the government is not making money on the insurance.
    the insurance companies are independent from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyetodd View Post
    i think it's interesting that the covid testing and other requirements haven't been up dated for about 6 weeks, since july 24. obviously there have been tons of changes in the numbers from the "hot" states. i hope they do some refiguring and make some changes soon. is the testing and insurance a big money maker for the government? I would think they would make more if more people were visiting the island.

todd

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contacted the Communications Director at the ATA and she said:

"HI Andrea,
    Hope all is well, got this from my colleague.

Aruba.com doesn’t have the price of the insurance included anywhere….just the link to the website of the travel insurance.
    So not sure which info we need to update. Please advise.

Saludos,"

I then sent her a screenshot of the page showing July 24 thru today.
    I hope that they change it as it makes people think that the page is not up to date.
    The hot states are up to date and have not been updated as there has been no need.
    I was hoping Florida would be off the "hot" list since we have been at 5% or less for the last 10 days.

All of the ATA stuff is correct and updated as of July 24 as far as the ATA is concerned.
    The insurance updated on Sept 1, but that is not part of the ATA ....and that is why you are brought out of the ATA when you click the link.
    https://www.arubavisitorsinsurance.com

The Aruba Tourism Authority is not in the insurance business nor is in the covid testing business.
    There is no profit that the Aruba Tourism Authority is receiving as a result of these 2 things...Insurances and Testing.
    The Insurance companies manage the insurance and the DVG (Health Dept) manages the testing.

This is the ONLY way that Aruba can successfully and safely welcome tourists is with the insurance and covid tests.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyetodd View Post

todd

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Andrea for all you do
    You and others go way beyond with no compensation... not even a "welcome" drink
    I do appreciate all you members do.
    0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks

we are compensated in ..............."Love"...................

Walt Jacki and I are sending ALL of you invoices.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Thank you Andrea for all you do
    You and others go way beyond with no compensation... not even a "welcome" drink
    I do appreciate all you members do.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    buckeyetodd - did you see that they have updated the requirements now and Ohio has been taken off the "hot list" as of September 24th. They still suggest getting tested at home before going to Aruba, but it looks like you could wait until you are there now. Personally, I am having some trouble finding a testing site near Dayton and it looks like we would have to drive to Columbus at the moment.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    buckeyetodd - did you see that they have updated the requirements now and Ohio has been taken off the "hot list" as of September 24th. They still suggest getting tested at home before going to Aruba, but it looks like you could wait until you are there now. Personally, I am having some trouble finding a testing site near Dayton and it looks like we would have to drive to Columbus at the moment.
    i am struggling to see the difference from before. i'm hoping someone can enlighten me. columbus is probably just an hour or hour and a half for you from dayton.....well worth the drive...

todd
    0 1