This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: made our testing appt

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

made our testing appt

our local health dept has FREE (they do not even take one's insurance card #)
    they do PCR fairly rapid read (results within 48 hrs)
    drive thru testing site about 6 miles from our home

appointment next Monday morning!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 6

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOOHOO....crazy that we get excited about going for a covid test .....but we know that a wonderful trip will follow. Diane

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome.. Free is good.
    Just had another negative today. Next test is Wednesday am.
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tracked down two urgent care facilities that offer rapid PCR testing and are open on Sunday. (I leave Wednesday). They accept my insurance, so we'll see if I get a bill.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We have appointments at different times of day (based on our schedules) at a lab in DC that says we will have results in 24-35 hours. Im going to call later this week to confirm our appointments. There is an urgent care near us that does the Abbot ID Now test that is accepted in Aruba, but they do not make appointments and they cannot guarantee they will have the supplies on hand to test us Monday. We have seen spikes on our area, so we decided we will just go into the city.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to Velocity about 6 blocks from the house. Making our appointment next Monday/Tuesday. They will only accept RSVPs two days in advance.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to everyone with the testings!! That is probably the thing that stressed me out the most before our trip. I kept waiting for something to go wrong and have to cancel at the last minute. Until we took off in Charlotte, I just kept expecting something to cause us delays or cancellations. I feel all of your pain right now, but it will all work out! I know it will!! There are lots of trip reports for the rest of us to look forward to, so you HAVE to go!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like the google reviews re: rapid tests for the urgent care places. It seems to be hit or miss. Glad I checked! I made an appointment elsewhere where I'll have a confirmed Rapid result within 20 minutes or so.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I didn't like the google reviews re: rapid tests for the urgent care places. It seems to be hit or miss. Glad I checked! I made an appointment elsewhere where I'll have a confirmed Rapid result within 20 minutes or so.
    I felt the same way about some of the information I was reading on the urgent care options near me. It is a hassle for us to go into DC, but the lab we are using says results of a PCR test will be 24-36 hours so it will be worth it. Jon changed his appointment so we can meet at my office and go over together. I will be so relieved when this part is over.

Virginia recorded their highest number of cases this week so testing at some places are being limited to those with symptoms only.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been told if you have a man bun, you automatically get booted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We're going to Velocity about 6 blocks from the house. Making our appointment next Monday/Tuesday. They will only accept RSVPs two days in advance.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1