This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: made our testing appt

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, don’t forget about the walgreens option.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like we're going to test in Aruba, but are getting the rapid test for peace of mind before leaving and for the safety of others on our flights. Now the challenge is getting food and drink while quarantined... still have a week to figure everything out.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It looks like we're going to test in Aruba, but are getting the rapid test for peace of mind before leaving and for the safety of others on our flights. Now the challenge is getting food and drink while quarantined... still have a week to figure everything out.
    Are you at the Surf the first night? If so you can't go wrong ordering the rotisserie chicken with salad from the hotel.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, I am a little confused. What type of rapid test are you getting? The PCR rapid test is acceptable for Aruba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found out that the Walgreens test is no longer free. They’re charging $129 now. Can turn it in to insurance, but depending upon your insurance if they will reimburse. What a bummer!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Walt, I am a little confused. What type of rapid test are you getting? The PCR rapid test is acceptable for Aruba.
    I think they are only doing antigen tests for rapid results at the place he was looking at.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt,
    I was tested at the Aruba airport in September and it is quick and easy. When you fill out the ED Card prior to arrival, the system will default/assume that you need to get tested at the Aruba airport, unless you upload your negative test results. So that may be why the system looks confusing to you because you don't need to opt/select testing at the airport as the system assumes that what you will do (unless you tell it otherwise). Once you pay for your test and pay for your insurance (in the ED card), you are given a green check mark that has a picture of a Test Tube on it. That signals the Aruba Airport that you need to be tested. The covid-test area is located after the customs/immigration scanners at the airport (the airport staff will direct you where to go). It is clean, and very quick.
    You can have groceries delivered to your room or order room service. We just relaxed in our room, watched a movie, and planned our week. We are always tired from travel and go to bed early on our first night anyway. You receive an email when your results are in (typically takes 8-12 hrs) and then you are free to explore. If you want any additional information, feel free to send me a PM.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I think they are only doing antigen tests for rapid results at the place he was looking at.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you at the Surf the first night? If so you can't go wrong ordering the rotisserie chicken with salad from the hotel.
    We were gifted that dinner the last time we were there for Pam's birthday from the staff. Unfortunately, or maybe not, we're at Oceans Club the first week.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This!

0 0