This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: made our testing appt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Hi Walt,
    I was tested at the Aruba airport in September and it is quick and easy. When you fill out the ED Card prior to arrival, the system will default/assume that you need to get tested at the Aruba airport, unless you upload your negative test results. So that may be why the system looks confusing to you because you don't need to opt/select testing at the airport as the system assumes that what you will do (unless you tell it otherwise). Once you pay for your test and pay for your insurance (in the ED card), you are given a green check mark that has a picture of a Test Tube on it. That signals the Aruba Airport that you need to be tested. The covid-test area is located after the customs/immigration scanners at the airport (the airport staff will direct you where to go). It is clean, and very quick.
    You can have groceries delivered to your room or order room service. We just relaxed in our room, watched a movie, and planned our week. We are always tired from travel and go to bed early on our first night anyway. You receive an email when your results are in (typically takes 8-12 hrs) and then you are free to explore. If you want any additional information, feel free to send me a PM.
    Perfect, believe it or not I'm no longer confused. Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I owe you two Slippery Monkeys if our paths ever cross!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 options if I make the trip in December. There is an urgent care center 1 mile from me that promises PCR Nasal Swap test 24-48 hour results, works with all airlines and knows the requirement for all countries for travel. I had no idea about the cost which was not mentioned when I called and I forgot to ask. Well I read some reviews and they charge $250. One reviewer said they asked for $250 upfront, the doctor comes up to the car to do the nasal swap and they ask for the insurance card as well. The person noticed on their insurance web portal they also billed the insurance $250 but under a different name. Now I don't know if they are taking advantage of people or it could be that in order to get such fast results they have to pay the lab more money to be put in the front of the line. Who knows!

My second option is the Jet Blue or Vault saliva test for $119. I think I may just go for that as it's cheaper and I may have to take a test in Aruba for when I come back to NY. We shall see..
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet Blue is the way to go!
    I am unsure if insurance will reimburse you for that $119, because it is for travel related purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I have 2 options if I make the trip in December. There is an urgent care center 1 mile from me that promises PCR Nasal Swap test 24-48 hour results, works with all airlines and knows the requirement for all countries for travel. I had no idea about the cost which was not mentioned when I called and I forgot to ask. Well I read some reviews and they charge $250. One reviewer said they asked for $250 upfront, the doctor comes up to the car to do the nasal swap and they ask for the insurance card as well. The person noticed on their insurance web portal they also billed the insurance $250 but under a different name. Now I don't know if they are taking advantage of people or it could be that in order to get such fast results they have to pay the lab more money to be put in the front of the line. Who knows!

My second option is the Jet Blue or Vault saliva test for $119. I think I may just go for that as it's cheaper and I may have to take a test in Aruba for when I come back to NY. We shall see..

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just going to charge it to my HSA Account. The website said you can use HSA and FSA accounts.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 2 negative test results in hand!
    0 7

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT news as you two certainly deserve a break. Have a restful vacation and enjoy the day drinking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 negatives in our hands as well!!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 7

Post Thanks / Like
    So excited for you and Jon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow!!!! Two sets of negative test results!! This trip report is already off to an AMAZING start.
    This is like the ** ALL STAR TEAM ** because it's Andrea, Walt, and Tracey .... some of the superstars of the Aruba Forum ... all on their way to Aruba!!
    Let the games begin!
    Last edited by SkiChris; 11-24-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Wow!!!! Two sets of negative test results!! This trip report is already off to an AMAZING start.
    This is like the ** ALL STAR TEAM ** because it's Andrea, Walt, and Tracey .... some of the superstars of the Aruba Forum ... all on their way to Aruba!!
    Let the games begin!
    And B likes to travel (Bri) will be there getting things all warmed up for our arrival!
    0 3