This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: March 18.............just brace yourselves

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Sad.....
    It sure is, especially since the active cases were headed in the right direction.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if they will allow Easter camping.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    People like to engage in social gatherings, that is how viruses are spread
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I may have to cancel my May trip. Too Risky for me with being a diabetic and high BMI. I noticed 477 people were tested at the airport today. I wonder if the non resident positive are as a result of those tests or people testing for return back home. Hopefully we will get some insight tomorrow.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    although I do not like speculation, I would be very surprised if it was allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I wonder if they will allow Easter camping.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned today that since Flag Day is on a Thursday that many people are making it 4 day weekend(schools are closed on Friday). I have a feeling that the curfew will be rolled back and they won't allow camping.

I also wonder if the non residents testing positive are mostly from one resort or if it more widespread among tourist.
    Last edited by robin; 03-18-2021 at 07:10 PM.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having trouble wrapping my head around all of these figures. (thank you Andrea for the daily update) Tourists are required to test negative before entering social situations in Aruba and most are required to test negative before returning to their native countries. Where is the transmission and spread of the virus coming from ? It seems as if the vaccination process for the Aruban denizens is on par with most first world countries. Is testing not easy to acquire in Aruba ? Help me understand.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mc View Post
    I'm having trouble wrapping my head around all of these figures. (thank you Andrea for the daily update) Tourists are required to test negative before entering social situations in Aruba and most are required to test negative before returning to their native countries. Where is the transmission and spread of the virus coming from ? It seems as if the vaccination process for the Aruban denizens is on par with most first world countries. Is testing not easy to acquire in Aruba ? Help me understand.
    False positive test results?

According to this article,

https://www.icd10monitor.com/false-p...s-for-covid-19

the rate of false positive Covid PCR tests is between 0.2% and 0.9%.

Even using the low end 0.2%, that translates to 1 false positive out of every 500 tests. That alone would result in several false positives each day simply from the volume of travelers leaving the island.

This is our biggest worry traveling to the Island. My wife and I are fully vaccinated, but this does not eliminate the risk of a false positive. So we postponed out April trip to the beginning of June and will likely postpone it again if PCR tests are still required on exit for vaccinated travelers.
    Last edited by mgiannetto; 03-20-2021 at 08:25 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The high number of residents that are positive is troubling.

Also, a lot of non residents are opting for antigen to go home, which are a little less accurate than PCR. I know when I look at NJ's numbers, the list the positive cases based on PCR tests and the probably positive numbers are antigen tests.

0 0